Requisition ID: ADM010401
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck's Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a "patient first, profits later" ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
The US Market IT Cooperative Education Business Analyst will be part of the Client Services organization within Global Human Health IT supporting the US Sales and Marketing organization. They will collaborate with business stakeholders, enterprise and divisional IT teams. The goal of projects supporting these business areas is to create capabilities and tools that support a digital first mindset.
- Gain expertise through the direction of the IT and business stakeholders, the specific challenges they face, and the plans to advance business capabilities.
- Facilitate business requirements discussions with business stakeholders and translate those concepts into requirements, as well as understand technical concepts from development team and translate into business demos/presentations.
- Develop appropriate Merck Systems Development Lifecyle (SDLC) documentation and drive the review and approval process.
- Document the process and the supporting technology systems in a standard way and/or IT Solution.
- Develop necessary content to help articulate and visualize the business solution including strategies, integrations, and process flows.
- Verify solutions meet the documented requirements and understand the context of any questions from business stakeholders.
- Participate or lead user acceptance testing.
- Take ownership of open items related to requirements and drive to closure with teams who need to be involved.
- Build exceptional relationships with stakeholders which are focused on meeting the business needs.
- Partner with IT colleagues, such as Client Services Leaders, Program Managers, Platform Leads, and Enterprise Architects, to determine where platforms, products, design approaches, or other ideas can be leveraged.
- Respect diversity on project teams, different perspectives, ideas, knowledge while working towards a common goal.
- Candidates must be obtaining a degree in the field of Computer Information Sciences, Digital Marketing, or related field.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Basic proficiency with Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Strong ability to adapt to change and work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Excellent communication, influencing, problem solving, and relationship skills along with high personal integrity, credibility, and energy.
- Demonstrated experience working with and deploying IT solutions.
- Self-starter who takes the initiative to further analyze business processes, as well as proactively gain knowledge on the technology involved in the project.
- Ability to communicate with both business and technical audiences as well as interact with varying levels of management.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Administrative Svcs Generic
Other Locations: West Point, PA, US
Employee Status: Temporary
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 2
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name: Merck