Requisition ID: ADM010058
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and consumer health products, as well as animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of people like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Work assignment will be project related, with a deliverable in mind.
- Gain utility operations experience by participating in daily operations planning meetings and attending weekly look ahead meetings.
- Gain utility project experience by leading small utility projects and/or participating on larger project teams. Regularly attend portfolio meetings and review utility related projects; put into a schedule with deliverables; physically monitor projects and report status (e.g. spend to date and current forecast).
- Partner with our financial support team to develop budgets and manage actual spend.
- Work closely with Central Utilities (chiller plants), Powerhouse (steam & electric generation), Utility Business Integration (financial reporting, utility sourcing contracts), and Water Utilities (potable supply, wastewater management) in gaining hands-on experience through assisting with maintenance activities, operational data trending, optimization, and capital projects from the initial concept through construction and startup.
- Support utility field work including Reliability Based Asset Management (RBAM), high risk work (HRW) permitting, management of change (MOC), vendor interface/coordination, drawing package review/updates (P&ID's, AutoCAD, etc.).
- Work with utility system owners to review engineering design drawings, update utility construction and equipment specifications, or manage engineering firms executing this work.
- Support energy team initiatives including energy master planning, sustainability, energy conservation, renewable energy, smart technology, etc.
- Assist with optimization of manual processes through innovative use of new technologies such as robotic process automation, Business Intelligence (BI), Artificial Intelligence (AI), MATLAB, Microsoft Flow, etc.
- Assist with the metrics for UEO Scorecard. Compile data, interpret results, review and comment in preparation for tier meetings and roll up to leadership.
- Evaluate area requirements and plans for associated capital/expense improvements. Perform administrative duties such as job audits, computer system audits and safety/housekeeping inspections.
- Keep abreast of innovative developments in area of responsibility, and recommend changes to improve service, operation, reliability, efficiency, and state-of-the-art applications.
- Maintain effective organizational skills and implement appropriate communication and planning.
- Work with minimum supervision and exercise independent judgment in the daily performance of his/her duties.
- Responsible for learning and adhering to all Merck Safety, Health, Environmental, GMP and regulatory requirements (as required by task).
- Perform necessary administrative duties to insure maintenance of records, reports, and associates tasks.
This is a full- time co-opposition. Housing subsidy is not available as part of this program and must be funded 100% by the student.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelors program in Engineering, or related field. Must be available for a period of 6 months. Must be able to work flexible hours and undergo federal background check for access to classified systems.
- Majors Sought: Bus. - Business & Engineering, Bus. - Finance, Bus. - Operations Management, Eng. - Architectural Engineering, Eng. - Chemical Engineering, Eng. - Civil Engineering, Eng. - Electrical Engineering, Eng. - Environmental Engineering, Eng. - Materials Engineering, Eng. - Mechanical Engineering, Eng. - Engineering Technology, Eng. - Construction Management
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Administrative Svcs Generic
Employee Status: Temporary
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia