Requisition ID: ADM010326
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck's Animal Health (MAH) Division works to improve the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and planet. This team of energetic, independent thinkers offers one of the industry's most innovative portfolios of products, services, and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species both domestically and internationally.
The Marketing Coordinator, Food Animal Business Unit participates as a member of a marketing team that will develop and execute marketing strategies for our US Food Animal business.
Key responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Organize and catalog cattle photo and video assets for future marketing use;
- Organize and catalog product logos and packaging shots;
- Organize inventory of promotional material at the warehouse, take photos of items missing image on the website and coordinate website update project;
- Coordinate logistics for a major customer event.
- Tracks product sales by analyzing and entering sales data.
- Prepares marketing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales data.
- Keeps promotional materials ready; inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Assists in execution of meetings, conventions, customer events and trade shows.
- Supports Brand Managers by coordinating timely execution of jobs with advertising agencies and other external vendors.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Currently enrolled in Animal Science, Agribusiness, Agriscience, Agrieconomics, Veterinary School, or Animal Health related degree program.
- Completed at least 2 years of college course work by June 2019.
- Must have strong interpersonal/communication and presentation skills.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must have good project management skills.
- Must show good attention to detail and be able to operate under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be a team player - who works to ensure team goals are met or exceeded.
- Must be flexible and have the ability to adapt to a changing environment.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Familiarity with graphic design software, such as Photoshop or Illustrator experience usage rights, licensing and copyright.
- Experience with animal healthcare products and services preferred.
- Knowledge of animal health industry is a plus.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Administrative Svcs Generic
Employee Status: Temporary
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Kansas City