Requisition ID: ADM010224
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck's Animal Health (MAH) Division works to improve the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and planet. This team of energetic, independent thinkers offers one of the industry's most innovative portfolios of products, services, and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species both domestically and internationally.
The Summer Interns will be field based positions across the US. The job scope and primary focus for this position is to actively support the sales strategy across the regions and territories via coordination and execution of sales support activities including:
- Support and service MAH product portfolio
- Logistical support for market field trials assisting Sales and Tech Services
- Developing and executing plans for engaging customers and meeting customer needs
- Participate in field based events (trade show support; customers education regarding the features and benefits of MAH products and services)
- Ensure clear, concise and timely communication and also problem identification with Sales and Tech Services
- As a Sales Intern in Animal Health, you will be required to rent a car. As part of this position, you will have to be legally authorized to rent a car in the state in which you reside.
- Currently enrolled in Animal Science, Agribusiness, Veterinary School, or Animal Health related degree program
- Completed at least 2 years of college course work by June 2019
Required Experience and Skills:
- Available for a period of 9-12 weeks beginning the last of week of May 2019
- Travel 50 - 75%
- Excellent interpersonal/communication and presentation skills
- General computer skills including working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint and the ability to use an iPad
- Ability to be organized, adapt to a changing environment, work independently and also as part of a team
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Basic knowledge of the Animal Health and Animal Feed industries
- Retail and/or Customer Service experience
- Sales training and/or applied sales experience
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Additional language fluency highly desirable
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Administrative Svcs Generic
Other Locations: AL, US; TX, US; MS, US; LA, US; AR, US
Employee Status: Temporary
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Kansas City