Requisition ID: ADM010403
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck's Animal Health (MAH) Division works to improve the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and planet. This team of energetic, independent thinkers offers one of the industry's most innovative portfolios of products, services, and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species both domestically and internationally.
The job scope and primary focus for this position is to actively support the future talent strategy for the US Commerical organization with primary focus on helping to build partnerships with agriculture organizations focused on developing future ag business leaders.
- Collaboration with agriculture student organizations such as FFA, AFA, MANRRS etc.
- Develop key project plans for career fairs, intership and other branding venues.
- Partner with internal functions to enhance our presence at our core agriculture universities.
- Participate in field based events (trade show support; customers education regarding the features and benefits of MAH products and services).
- Assist in projects related to agriculture awareness, US public policy and other industry related areas.
- Other project related assignments in support of our US commercial organization.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Must be in the process of earning a BA or BS in Business, Animal Science, Agribusiness, Animal Health science or related field
- Must have completed at least 2 years of college course work by December 2019
Required Experience and Skills:
- Must be available to work full time for 6 months.
- Critical thinking skills to carry out instructions and make decisions within scope of authority.
- Problem solving skills involving several variables.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures and be an active member of a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, especially PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent English communication skills, oral and written.
- Ability to adapt communication to international audiences.
- Positive attitude and a strong work ethic.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Leadership roles during college.
- Experience working in agriculture science related role(s).
- Additional language fluency highly desirable.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Administrative Svcs Generic
Employee Status: Temporary
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Kansas City