Requisition ID: ADM009810
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world's premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we're doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Merck's leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
The cell pharmacology team is looking for an exceptionally talented and motivated student. Working alongside an experienced pharmaceutical industry scientists, the successful candidate will contribute to pharmacological testing and validation of cellular translational mechanisms of novel therapeutics. The co-op student will be required to master extensive primary and immortalized cell tissue culture techniques, assay development, utilizing a range of technology platforms, analyze experimental results and present findings at internal group meetings. This opportunity provides hands-on experience in a fast-paced drug discovery environment and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
Essential functions of the role:
- Perform state-of-the art cell biological approaches, including primary cell culture
- Initiate and complete research projects that support pharmacological testing of novel therapeutics across cellular assays
- Work with industry-standard data analysis tools and record keeping, including electronic lab books
- Communicate data progress at internal meetings; give an oral presentation at the completion of training; participate in scientific exchange with Merck scientists
The co-op position will be located in Boston, MA.
If you are the kind of individual who thrives on challenge and possesses the technical, leadership and business skills that are of value to the Merck Research Laboratories, we invite you to apply.
This is a full- time co-op position. Housing subsidy is not available as part of this program and must be funded 100% by the student.
- Required: Candidates must currently enrolled in a full-time BSc/BA degree program in biology, pharmacology, or a related scientific discipline.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Candidates must be available to work full-time for up to (6) consecutive months beginning in May or June of 2019.
- Candidates must have completed at least (2) college-level courses in biology by May 30, 2019.
- Candidates must possess superior oral and written communication skills.
- Candidates must be able to work independently in a multi-functional, team-oriented environment.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Candidates should have prior laboratory experience.
- Candidates should have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Candidates should have a background in Cell Biology and/or Immunology.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Administrative Svcs Generic
Employee Status: Temporary
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Boston