The Future Talent Program features co-ops that last up to 6 months and will include one or more projects. These opportunities in our Research Labs can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals
Our company's oncology discovery team is seeking motivated and technically skilled students majoring in the biological sciences or pharmacy for co-op roles. The student should have strong interest in cancer research and learning about oncology drug discovery. Successful candidates will be able to work independently, and will also be expected to proactively collaborate with colleagues.
The co-op will work with a scientific mentor to develop and carry out biochemical, and/or cell-based assays to characterize new therapeutics targets and potential therapeutic molecules. Techniques used will include isolation of immune cell subsets, primary and cancer cell line culture, proliferation assays, and flow cytometry. This project has the potential to identify new targets/pathways for oncology therapy.
Responsibilities of the oncology discovery co-op may include:
- Design, execute, interpret and report in vitro experiments.
- Assist in developing, executing, and troubleshooting new cell assays.
- Communicate data clearly and concisely to teams and stakeholders.
- Monitor, review, and critically interpret published work to guide your own research.
- Collaborate with members from other functional areas, including medicinal chemistry, in vivo and in vitro pharmacology and genetics.
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in a minimum of a BS/BA degree in biological sciences or a related discipline.
Required Experience And Skills:
- Candidates must be available to work full-time for up to (6) consecutive months beginning in early to mid 2020.
- Candidates must have a strong desire to develop knowledge of oncology drug discovery.
- Candidates must have experience with basic lab procedures: pipetting, solution preparation, plate assays.
- Candidates must have experience with basic mammalian cell culture.
- Candidates must have demonstrated ability to perform accurate data analysis
Preferred Experience And Skills:
- Candidates should have excellent oral and written communication skills, including preparation of lab reports and presentations.
- Candidates should have strong attention to detail.
- Candidates should have prior research experience.
We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we “follow the science” and that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. And we believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Intern/Co-op (Fixed Term)
No Travel Required
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: