The Future Talent Program features internships that last up to 12 weeks and will include one or more projects. These opportunities can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
The job scope and primary focus for this position is to actively support the regional sales and marketing strategy across the regions and territories via coordination and execution of sales support and marketing activities including:
- Support and service Animal Health division product portfolio.
- Logistical support for marketing activities.
- Participate in field based events (trade show support; customers education regarding the features and benefits of our Animal Health division products and services.
- Ensure clear, concise and timely communication and also problem identification with Sales, Marketing and Tech Services.
- Must be in the process of earning a B.A. or B.S. in Animal Science, Agribusiness, Veterinary School, Animal Health, Business, Marketing, Communications or related degree programs
- Completed at least 2 years of college course work by June 2019
- Available for a period of 9-12 weeks beginning the last of week of May 2019
- Critical thinking skills to carry out instructions and make decisions within scope of authority
- Problem solving skills involving several variables
- Ability to follow policies and procedures and be an active member of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, especially PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent English communication skills, oral and written.
- Ability to adapt communication to international audiences
- Positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Leadership roles during college
- Additional language fluency highly desirable
Our Animal Health division is a trusted global leader in veterinary medicine, dedicated to the health and well-being of animals. We are a global team of professionals working together to make a positive difference in animal care and the world’s food supply and have a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society and our planet. We offer one of our industry’s most innovative portfolio of products, services and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species.
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Intern/Co-op (Fixed Term)
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: