Requisition ID: ADM010654
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck's Human Health (HH) Division abides by a "patient first, profits later" ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
Are you looking to apply your creativity and talent to start building a career that helps improve lives? Merck's industry-leading resources and culture of curiosity allow ideas and inventions to flourish. Begin your career journey at Merck, and together we'll work toward Inventing for Life. As an MBA Intern at Merck, you will be a part of our corporate wide internship program which will provide for opportunities to meet as a broader set of undergraduate and graduate interns across multiple divisions in Merck (Merck Research Labs, Human Health, Merck Manufacturing Division). The internship program provides exemplary MBA students with the opportunity to work on meaningful assignments and gain real world industry experiences.
The US Brand Marketing Intern role will be assigned to the US Chronic Care/Women's Health or US Hospital/Specialty Business Unit within the Human Health organization. This role will support one or more brands within the assigned business unit and will work across the US Market gaining experience and understanding of areas such as Field Sales, Account Management and Digital Engagement Teams focused on campaign development and execution.
Types of work may include:
- Operational contributions to an assigned area such as supporting Strategic Management, Brand Management, New Product Planning, etc.
- Support of development and execution of digital strategies
- Understand complex business challenges to improve product marketing offerings
- Interpret customer needs and insights, assess requirements, and identify solutions
Primary Work Location: Upper Gwynedd, PA
Merck's Upper Gwynedd campus is located in Upper Gwynedd Township, approximately 28 miles northwest of the City of Philadelphia. Easy access from Philadelphia by way of the Pennsylvania Turnpike, Schuykill Expressway, Interstate 476, Routes 202 and 309.
Southeastern Pennsylvania Transit Authority (SEPTA) North Wales train station is located a half mile from campus. Merck provides daily shuttle service to and from the North Wales train station.
This is a full- time internship position. Housing subsidy is not available as part of this program and must be funded 100% by the student.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- BA or BS Degree Required.
- Current enrollment in an MBA program.
- Candidate must have completed one year of MBA coursework by Summer 2020 and be registered for the Fall 2020 Semester
Required Experience and Skills:
- Strong understanding of, and experience with, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strategic/critical thinking
- Strong interpersonal, written, verbal and negotiation/influence skills
- Strong collaboration, project management and organizational skills; ability to act with minimal supervision, prioritize activities and manage multiple tasks within deadlines
- Experience working on cross-functional teams
- Must be able to begin intern assignment May 2020 and commit for 10-12 weeks
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Business /Data analytics/Digital Marketing experience
- Experience with various Business Intelligence (BI) platforms
- Experience working within Agile teams
- Experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech or other related regulated industries
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Administrative Svcs Generic
Employee Status: Temporary
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 2
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck