Are you looking to apply your creativity and talent to start building a career that helps improve lives? Our Company’s industry-leading resources and culture of curiosity allow ideas and inventions to flourish. Begin your career journey at our Company, and together we'll work toward Inventing for Life. As an MBA Intern at our Company, you will be a part of our corporate wide internship program which will provide for opportunities to meet as a broader set of undergraduate and graduate interns across multiple divisions in our Company (Research & Development, Human Health, Manufacturing). The internship program provides exemplary MBA students with the opportunity to work on meaningful assignments and gain real world industry experiences.
The US Brand Marketing Intern role will be assigned to the US Chronic Care/Women's Health or US Hospital/Specialty Business Unit within the Human Health organization. This role will support one or more brands within the assigned business unit and will work across the US Market gaining experience and understanding of areas such as Field Sales, Account Management and Digital Engagement Teams focused on campaign development and execution.
Types of work may include:
- Operational contributions to an assigned area such as supporting Strategic Management, Brand Management, New Product Planning, etc.
- Support of development and execution of digital strategies
- Understand complex business challenges to improve product marketing offerings
- Interpret customer needs and insights, assess requirements, and identify solutions
Primary Work Location: Upper Gwynedd, PA
Our Company’s Upper Gwynedd campus is located in Upper Gwynedd Township, approximately 28 miles northwest of the City of Philadelphia. Easy access from Philadelphia by way of the Pennsylvania Turnpike, Schuykill Expressway, Interstate 476, Routes 202 and 309.
Southeastern Pennsylvania Transit Authority (SEPTA) North Wales train station is located a half mile from campus. Our Company provides daily shuttle service to and from the North Wales train station.
This is a full- time internship position. Housing subsidy is not available as part of this program and must be funded 100% by the student.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- BA or BS Degree Required.
- Current enrollment in an MBA program.
- Candidate must have completed one year of MBA coursework by Summer 2020 and be registered for the Fall 2020 Semester
Required Experience and Skills:
- Strong understanding of, and experience with, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strategic/critical thinking
- Strong interpersonal, written, verbal and negotiation/influence skills
- Strong collaboration, project management and organizational skills; ability to act with minimal supervision, prioritize activities and manage multiple tasks within deadlines
- Experience working on cross-functional teams
- Must be able to begin intern assignment May 2020 and commit for 10-12 weeks
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Business /Data analytics/Digital Marketing experience
- Experience with various Business Intelligence (BI) platforms
- Experience working within Agile teams
- Experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech or other related regulated industries
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Intern/Co-op (Fixed Term)
Flexible Work Arrangements:
1st - Day
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: