Requisition ID: ADM010815
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare .
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of people like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Merck's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
The Processes, Operations & Strategy function at Merck is responsible for managing the process of Global Supplier Managements Group's core function of creating and maintaining relationships with our service and material suppliers. These suppliers are key to Merck's ability to manufacture critical medicines used by millions of patients around the world.
An internship in Process, Operations & Strategy will allow you to:
- Work hands-on improving supplier manufacturing processes.
- Gain exposure to all global procurement functions and departments.
- Advance an understanding of group dynamics within working communities.
- Foster collaboration and innovation.
- Strengthen communication and interpersonal skills.
Internships with the Processes, Operations & Strategy function are offered in:
Process Excellence & Operations:
As an intern you will support the daily operation of the Process Excellence & Operations team. You will help support the team with day to day operations, complete project related tasks and assist with risk systems maintenance.
Example responsibilities include:
- Support execution of compliance plans/initiatives to ensure that GSMG complies with applicable policies and procedures.
- Assist in the review and update of relevant GSMG procedures and documents (including contract clauses).
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of Risk & Compliance training.
- Support the maintenance and upkeep of risk related information housed in GSMG's risk systems as well as protect data quality/integrity within those systems.
Business Intelligence & Systems:
As an intern you will support the data analytics function provided by the Business Intelligence & System team. You will participate in implementing long term project work as well as perform ad-hoc reporting requests. You will be required to work in a team environment as well as with internal stakeholders.
You must be willing to learn new skills on the job. The responsibilities may include:
- Collect and model large amounts of data.
- Filter and 'clean' existing data
- Explore data to understand data structures, definitions, and anomalies.
- Interpret data, analyze results, and draw conclusions using statistical methodologies and mathematical formulas using SpotFire, R and/or Python.
- Implement creative solutions to problems.
- Collaborate with our internal customers to establish dashboards and KPI's that help create actionable analytics and data insights for senior management.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Pursuing B.S. degree (Engineering, Science, Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, Biology, Chemistry, Biomedical, Biochemistry).
Required Experience and Skills:
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills
- Should be willing to work in the NJ and PA area
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Strong data collection, analysis and reporting, Project Management
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Administrative Svcs Generic
Other Locations: Branchburg, NJ, US
Employee Status: Temporary
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 2
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey