GSW Canada is part of Syneos Health, the only fully integrated end-to-end clinical and commercial solution organization. In Advertising, our teams are experts in every aspect of healthcare advertising strategy and operations. Our global teams are inspired by insights, driven by creative excellence, and ready to challenge every experience with deep data and actionable analytics. Together, over 1000 people worldwide help brands excel at some of the most critical challenges in healthcare.
In Canada, we provide healthcare marketing and communications service to global clients. We have a relentless focus on hiring and retaining top talent. We work with an environment of respectful collaboration, and one that acknowledges the need for a healthy work/life balance.
We are looking for the best. Our Account Directors provide leadership that keeps our account teams on track and delivering results, and keeps our clients satisfied and successful. Our AD’s provide strategic account/brand/relationship management for current clients, and they work on new business opportunities. They play a critical role in developing our junior account staff into future stars. With good AD’s, anything is possible.
This is a senior position that takes a leadership role on key agency accounts. You’ll work with industry-leading pharmaceutical marketers. For the right person, the career potential is unlimited. How do we define the right person? S/he will be committed to a career in healthcare marketing and communications. They will deliver a solid track record of growth and achievement, with the potential not just to succeed in this opportunity, but to grow into agency management. They will bring passion, energy, a can-do attitude, and a hunger to ongoing learning. And they will understand that what they give will be directly linked to what they get.
We do work that matters. Ultimately, our work will enable both healthcare professionals and patients to understand the brands and therapeutic areas we work on, to allow for improvements in quality of life and better patient outcomes.
- Reporting to the EVP, Client Services, leads the account team in the development and execution of client programs.
- Delivers strategic thinking that builds successful brands.
- Builds strong relationships with clients, functioning as a trusted advisor for their business needs.
- Focuses on internal leadership that develops future agency stars, engages and retains staff.
- Works with high professional standards, ethics and values…every day on every project.
The following criteria are essential for this role:
- 8+ years of work experience, including at least one year in a senior account management role.
- Pharmaceutical or healthcare marketing experience.
- Extensive knowledge of the pharmaceutical regulatory environment—i.e. PAAB.
- Well versed in digital/social media.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to lead a meeting.
- Consummate team player who brings a passionate, positive, high-energy approach to client service and delivering results.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and communication skills.
These criteria would be assets for the role:
- Experienced in identifying, pursuing and securing new business opportunities.
- Post-secondary degree or certificate program, preferably in science or business.