Account Director (Remote)
Taylor is looking for an ambitious Account Director with experience in the pharmaceutical category to serve as a strategic client partner and brand counselor who leads teams to plan and deliver integrated, multi-channel solutions that generate business results for our clients.
Director level roles at Taylor are leaders within their discipline, with direct accountability for business and financial results on one or more client accounts (or within an agency function). AD’s at Taylor are experts in their craft, establishing, implementing, and monitoring standards, processes, and ways of working on the team. They proactively develop and coach direct reports, and effectively fulfill all administrative components of management. They are proactive corporate citizens, modeling Taylor’s vision and values and contributing to positive change/evolution.
Primary Responsibilities (The What)
Client Business and Mar/Comm Strategy
- Uses deep understanding of the client’s business, brand, and pharmaceutical industry to develop integrated, multi-channel mar/comm strategies that meet client business needs and generate measurable results
- Leads the strategic account planning process, including analyzing past results, applying learnings, and delivering a strategic point of view about the client's competitive landscape and target consumer
- Actively listens for client problems/needs (even when not explicitly stated), and effectively sells-in incremental ideas
- Proactively brings in and effectively partners with Strategy and Creative to provide ongoing strategic counsel to senior-most Communications clients, and mid-level Marketing clients, if applicable
- Adept at understanding the regulations within the pharmaceutical industry and complexities of developing and executing marketing communications plans in support of pharmaceutical brands
Communication & Storytelling
- Demonstrates effective leadership presence through thoughtful, polished, persuasive communication across all mediums
- Listens well, building and maintaining relationships through respect, responsiveness, and open dialogue
- Uses strong storytelling skills and deep understanding of the agency's business model, structure, and offerings to sell-in new and/or incremental ideas for how Taylor can solve clients' business problems
- Effectively leads client communications, including setting appropriate expectations and responding to client questions or concerns, and guides others to do the same
- Effectively leads meetings, delivers formal presentations (client and internal), and negotiates client and vendor contracts/fee agreements, and guides others to do the same
- Contributes positively to Taylor's brand presence by regularly engaging in social channels, thought leadership pieces, and outside organizations and events
Influencer Relations & Pitching
- Develops and maintains key influencer relationships within the pharmaceutical industry
- Ensures that all influencer activities are on strategy and meet client brand and business objectives
Activation & Program Management
- Plays a leadership role in program ideation and planning, ensuring that all initiatives ladder up to strategic account plans and client brand/business objectives
- Leads multiple workstreams/programs simultaneously, ensuring that each team member understands their individual role expectations and how they fit together as part of the broader strategy
- Proactively brings in and partners with others from ideation to execution to ensure diversity of thought, integration, and collaboration across Taylor disciplines, and leads others to do the same
- Accountable for the overall success of all programs across the account or LOB from ideation to re-capping and reporting, ensuring that the team delivers to agency and client standards
Business Acumen & Financials
- Completes timesheets accurately and in a timely manner, holds others accountable for the same
- Proactively identifies and works to resolve team allocations issues, and effectively prepares for and leads monthly team allocations meetings (TAM's)
- Accountable for overall budget management and fiscal responsibility across the account or LOB, including driving profitability and growth
- Leads scoping, budgeting, and staff planning for the account or LOB, including drafting and editing SOW's, staff plans, and consolidated account budgets
- Conducts and presents regular account financial analysis including utilization, revenue forecasting, investment ROI, quarterly account reviews (QAR's), etc.
- Typically responsible for managing a revenue portfolio of ~$0.5 - 1.5m
- Leads the entire account team or LOB, including managing managers, ensuring that effective delegation, training, guidance, and feedback is happening and that all team members' work meets agency and client performance standards
- Gives appropriate recognition and actively works to motivate and inspire others
- Models diversity of thought, and holds others accountable for the same
- Serves as a primary/formal manager to one or more junior team members, providing ongoing coaching, performance management, and career development
- Escalates thorough performance feedback for all team members up to senior management, championing strong performance and proactively addressing low performance
- Leads interview teams as a formal hiring manager with direct accountability for the evaluation and selection of top talent for the agency
Taylor Values (The How)
- Integrity & Respect: Creates an environment of respect and psychological safety, ensuring that the company and our work always reflects high moral and ethical standards.
- Passion & Excellence: Cultivates and delivers irreplaceable value for clients and the company.
- Collaboration: Curates and leads cross-discipline teams that are diverse, inclusive, and high performing.
- Empowerment: Actively encourages learning and nurtures team members' development.
- Innovation: Challenges the status quo to actively grow business and drive the company's continuous evolution.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising, PR, business, or related field and/or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years prior work experience in PR, Advertising, Digital/Social Marketing, or related field
- Significant client experience and category knowledge of the pharma industry
Taylor is a brand counselor and public relations partner to a select portfolio of the world’s leading consumer brands. Named “Consumer Agency of the Decade” by The Holmes Group, Taylor has partnered with the most influential corporate marketers, utilizing lifestyle, sports, and entertainment platforms to drive consumer engagement. Founded in 1984, Taylor is headquartered in New York, with offices in Los Angeles, Chicago and Charlotte. Our current portfolio of client partners includes Capital One, Circle K, Diageo, DraftKings, P&G, Panini America, and Samsung.