At IQVIA, Customer Strategy and Engagement, we're seeking a qualified Account/Business Development Manager to extend our reach both internally and externally through the management of current pipeline and discovery support of new business opportunities within Clinical Operations. The right candidate is highly skilled at establishing and leveraging internal and external partnerships with clinical research professionals and will join an expanding team of like-minded professionals who support IQVIA's Training Engagement and Event Solutions Team. Collectively, TEES is a diverse team of professionals who incorporate research on adult learning principles and behavioral science to create research site training solutions for the healthcare industry.
Objectives and Responsibilities of this Role
- Ownership of project start and set-up through to delivery hand-off
- Management of our existing pipeline and development support of new business opportunities
- Facilitate project kick-off meetings and all client calls through delivery handover
- Proactively create and drive timelines to ensure project start-up is efficient, reliable, and accurate
- Partner internally to drive early stage project development
- Anticipate risks to mitigate where possible and flag for future implications.
- Collaborate with internal teams across various functions to accomplish project start up within timelines
- Take a lead role in the development of proposals and presentations for new business opportunities
- Stakeholder management within the clinical research space
- Manage proposal response process, including detailed RFP requirements, RFP/RFI creation, and inputs from various sources
- Generate new leads, identify, and contact decision-makers, screen potential business opportunities, select the deals in line with strategies, and lead and facilitate pitch logistics
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline
- Account management expertise: client focused, dedicated to exceeding client expectations.
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to develop and articulate solutions and recommendations.
- Confidence and clarity in communications with excellent presentations skills
- Ability to understand complex organizational structure - who to go to for information and how to get it efficiently
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects and deliver results to appropriate quality and timeline metrics.
- Good understanding of global pharmaceutical compliance
- Working knowledge of clinical meeting and services
- Strong finance skills with ability to develop budgets
- Proactive and operates with a sense of urgency, comfortable in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable managing multiple stakeholders
- Working experience with sales techniques, managing RFPs,
- Proficiency with process management
- Proven ability to plan and manage resources
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible - to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.