Job Title: Administrative Assistant m/w
Location: Munich, Germany
At Intercept, our mission is to build a healthier tomorrow for patients with progressive non-viral liver diseases. Intercept's lead product, obeticholic acid (OCA), is a first-in-class farnesoid X receptor (FXR) agonist. OCA, marketed under the brand name \"Ocaliva ® ,\" is approved in the U.S., EU and Canada for certain patients with primary biliary cholangitis (PBC), a rare autoimmune liver disease. Ocaliva ® was the first product to be approved for PBC in over twenty years and our team is proud to have been pioneers in providing the first second-line treatment option to patients with such critical need. The Ocaliva ® launch in 2016 also marked Intercept's successful transition from a development-stage company to a fully integrated commercial organization with continued growth.
In February 2019, Intercept reported positive topline results from the Phase 3 REGENERATE study of OCA in patients with liver fibrosis due to nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). REGENERATE is the first and largest Phase 3 study in NASH - a chronic disease that threatens the lives of millions of people in the U.S. alone. Currently, there are no available treatments for NASH, and Intercept is among the leading companies focused on the disease.
Based on the positive results from REGENERATE, Intercept submitted the first new drug application for a NASH treatment to the U.S. FDA in September 2019. This is an exciting time for Intercept, as the organization prepares for a potential approval and launch in NASH. As part of this effort, Intercept is expanding its commercial organization, and this opportunity in Commercial will play a pivotal role in preparing the company for the successful anticipated launch of OCA's second indication.
Reporting directly to the Regional VP DACH the Administrative Assistant must be resourceful, pro-active and enjoy working within a rapidly growing environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and globally oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. This role will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
This position provides complex administrative support functions for the DACH Leadership Team, ensuring efficient office operations, supporting HR processes, while working independently. Strong initiative and follow through is essential for this position.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily:
- Responsible for heavy calendar management
- Where required, prioritize and screen emails for senior leadership
- Coordinate meeting arrangements:
- Schedule meetings with internal and external groups as needed - including organizing all meeting logistics (availability of attendees, meeting rooms and equipment, online conferencing and catering as required).
- Preparation of agendas and pre-read documentation prior to meetings (as needed).
- Ability to autonomously compile clear minutes and action-lists from meetings (as needed).
- Follow up of action items and filing of meeting notes (as needed).
- Assist with creating/editing executive level presentations as may be required for VP.
- Coordinate HCP contracts for medical and marketing activities
- Manage budgets, submit and reconcile invoices
- Assist with travel needs in accordance with Intercept travel policy (air, hotel, car, visa, etc.).
- File expense reports using online system (Concur) for VP.
- Work closely with Senior Executive Administrator in the UK Office and assist with input to, and processing of, any improvements or changes resulting from admin team meetings.
- Oversee and execute timely completion of additional projects, as needed.
- Handle confidential material effectively and discreetly.
- Establish, update and maintain departmental files (paper and electronic) and records.
- Screen telephone calls, take messages, redirect calls, and respond to routine inquiries regarding departmental business.
- Back up to other administrative assistants.
- A Drive the spirit of \"ONE Team\" across all functions by supporting a team approach to focus on our patients and customers as our top priorities
- Make Intercept a truly desired place to work
Experience and Skills
- Minimum five years of related specialized administrative experience.
- Prior experience in a biotech/pharmaceutical company is highly desirable
- Working knowledge of office equipment
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular).
- Experience working with contracting and purchasing tools (such as Cobblestone, SAP, etc)
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Fluent in German and English, written and spoken.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Proven ability to work under tight deadlines and pressure in a composed manner.
- Requires an eye for detail to sense check accuracy in written documentation (e.g. email / meeting invitations / correspondence).
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and problem solving capabilities.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with superb accuracy.
- Exceptional customer service skills, over the phone and in person.
- Ability to work effectively across a matrix organization.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize with minimal daily instruction.
- Ability to think strategically in order to improve current processes.
- Ability to work in a pro-active manner whenever possible.
- Ability to demonstrate a genuine interest and curiosity for all aspects of the business and consequently prioritize and input accordingly.
- A strong sense of personal accountability is essential.
- A willingness to operate in a fast paced environment with considerable ambiguity.
- A sense of energy and fun is certainly desirable.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a huge impact in the DACH Affiliate team, at an exciting time as we prepare for our next potential product launch
To apply, please send a cv and cover letter in English