Become an Animal Care Specialist and Earn a $1,000.00 Sign on Bonus!
San Carlos, California
This is a full time position starting at $15.00 an hour.
- The scope of this position is within one facility to support Animal Operations across multiple studies daily.
- Clean feeders, water bottles, animal caging, and other items. Clean and sanitize animal rooms or pens, hallways, stairways, and non-animal rooms.
- Collects, records, and learns to review applicable hand recorded and computer generated data.
- Operates and performs quality control checks on appropriate equipment.
- Changes animal racks.
- Provides clean waste removal system and changes air filters.
- Set up housing and provide feed and water.
- Dispense feed for use in animal studies.
- Maintain equipment and log books.
- Learns to observe animals for general health and general animal room standards.
- Recognizes deviations from normal or expected outcomes based on known reference standards and makes recommendations to supervisor.
- May train and instruct less experienced staff.
- Maintains well documented laboratory records according to GLPs.
- Recognizes and documents unusual occurrences and notifies supervisor.
- Reports all animal care concerns and becomes involved in the resolution and appropriate corrective action when necessary.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- There are no external client-related job duties in this role.
The wage for this position starts at $15.00/hour.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- AALAS certification at the Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician level is desirable.
This is an entry level job so no related experience is required.
Prior experience working in a cleaning role or working with animals is preferred.