About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, we want to make a difference. For nearly 100 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world.
In Clayton, NC, we now operate two adjacent pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities that are responsible for fulfilling different steps in our injectable and oral treatment supply chains.
Our Clayton, NC Injectable Finished Products (IFP) facility is a 457,000 square foot aseptic "fill and finish" site that is responsible for producing innovative, injectable diabetes and obesity treatments. When you work at IFP, you’ll join a global network of manufacturing professionals focused on several key, final production processes, including sterile formulation, filling, inspection, device assembly and packaging.
At IFP, our employees are passionate about what they do, knowing their work makes a difference to millions of people who rely on our products every day. After all, producing medicines is a special responsibility.
Join Team Novo Nordisk and help us make what matters.
Responsible for ensuring reliable & consistent operation of identified local manufacturing applications that are required to operate 24x7. Improve reliability of the process control systems to meet current & projected customer, business & regulatory requirements through the following activities:
- People Focus
- Equipment Focus
- Standards “Gatekeeper”
- Work primarily with production (shop floor) & corporate as a liaison ensuring application understanding & managing continuous improvement initiatives
- Present initiatives & information accurately & explain industry jargon in a clear manner for customers
- Identify application requirements through relationship building & effective stakeholder management
- Gather information about stakeholders’ needs/process gaps & develop/implement action plans that support the production goals
- Provides input to product feature enhancements & process improvements
- Provide resolutions to system related issues & discrepancies
- Coordinate & oversee software upgrades & releases to applicable systems
- Coach & train colleagues & stakeholders in relevant areas
- Schedule & execute plans in coordination with manufacturing schedules
- Operate as lead on projects that involve specified application solutions
- Develop & maintain process application standards, specifications & maintenance plans
- Own self development & initiative to understand the site process control systems
- Support audits & inspections as SME for specified process applications
- Utilize the appropriate cLEAN® tools within the main areas of Systematic Problem Solving, process improvement, & project management
- Operate within compliance with a Quality Mindset that focuses on risk management & mitigation
- Implement effective Change Management
- Support Corporate, DFP, local IT, & local stakeholder initiatives & projects
- Govern behavior based on the Novo Nordisk Way
- Other accountabilities, as assigned
BA/BS in IT/Engineering/related field or equivalent (experience + education).
- 5-8+ years IT or engineering experience in process-based manufacturing, utility, &/or packaging systems
- Knowledgeable in the following applications or technologies: PAS-X, POInT, PLC, SCADA
- Proven expertise, (e.g. project management) in planning/organization & project execution, follow-up, & completion
Physical & Other Requirements
- Ability to work in confined spaces & near operating equipment
- Ability to work in loud noise environments
- Ability to travel internationally
- Ability to work hours necessary to support production & maintenance activities
- Novo Nordisk requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Novo Nordisk will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. You will be required to upload an image of your COVID-19 vaccine card at the time of hire and/or on your first day of employment
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
Novo Nordisk requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Novo Nordisk will consider requests for reasonable accommodation.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.