Q2 Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. With a relentless focus on quality and innovation, Q2 Solutions uses its global experience and scientific expertise to transform science and data into actionable medical insights that help customers improve human health. A joint venture of IQVIA (formerly QuintilesIMS) and Quest Diagnostics, Q2 Solutions combines the best of each parent organization's clinical trials laboratory services capabilities to fulfill its mission of treating each sample as if a life depends on it.
Works under close supervision from higher level Scientific and Project Management staff. Performs a variety of technical procedures such as routine sample preparation, method development/optimization and troubleshooting experiments. Also prepares routine solutions and reagents. Assists in maintaining laboratory equipment, supports lab safety, and complies with Q2 Solution's procedures and Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) requirements, as applicable.
- Prepare biological samples for quantitative and qualitative analysis. May assist with method development and validation.
- Responsible for providing clear communication with the Scientific, Project Management and LC/MS/MS teams.
- Prepare stock and working solutions/standards and QC samples. Aliquots control matrices.
- Weigh reference compounds, if respirator-certified.
- Make and record observations, perform calculations, and collect and prepare data for evaluation.
- Document all project work according to Q2 and GLP processes and procedures, as applicable.
- Perform pipette maintenance and verification, and other laboratory maintenance as required.
- Assist in maintaining adequate supplies.
- Maintain housekeeping standards for work area.
- May work with automated instrumentation.
- May interface with Laboratory Operations to request and return study samples.
- May use LIMS system to schedule samples, set-up and edit worklist and manage bioanalytical data.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledgeable in basic chemistry and/or biology.
- Ability to perform accurate and precise processing of client samples.
- Ability to follow written and oral scientific directions.
- Ability to adhere to Q2 and client Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ability to complete documentation per Q2 and GLP requirements, as applicable.
- Ability to multitask and maintain an organized work area.
- Ability to work well with others and independently.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School with 4 years' experience in a laboratory environment; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Extensive use of micropipettes requiring repetitive motion of hand and wrist.
- Standing or sitting for extended periods of time as work permits.
- May be required to lift 20lb loads on an infrequent basis.
- Ability to wear PPE, as required.
- Will work with general laboratory reagents and research compounds.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Job ID: R1075481