IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Location: US - Greater Boston area, NY/NJ, VA/DC Metro, CA areas
The Associate Business Development Director works collaboratively with other colleagues to increase sales within the life sciences industry. Responsibilities include full cycle sales including: target identification, securing and managing client meetings, listening and understanding client needs, addressing client concerns/objections, managing Subject Matter Experts in defining opportunities, proposing solutions, negotiating, obtaining SOWs and closing the deal.
Our Sales Professionals are expected to quickly develop credibility with customers/prospects and build trust through professionalism and knowledge of services and products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prospect accounts focusing on products and services
- Identify and develop new accounts and follow up on existing leads
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with key target accounts
- Manage assigned accounts to generate both incremental and repeatable annual business
- Initiate and manage RFI and RFP process and negotiate terms for all account programs and projects
- Work collaboratively with the Professional Services Organization to ensure a complete and professional delivery of software and service solutions
- Expand product portfolio in the PV market
- Collaborate with Executives and SMEs to maximize account coverage
- Maintain knowledgeable understanding of changing regulatory guidelines and mandates affecting the industry community
- Must demonstrate a sustained (6+ years) and successful track record selling professional services to Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Medical Device, and/or Clinical Research Organizations
- Demonstrated track record of success working with senior level management in a fast-paced growth environment is essential
- Full sales cycle experience is required: Prospect, Identify Opportunities, Propose Solutions (writing proposals), Negotiate, Close
- Strong written and verbal English skills, quality-oriented proposal writing and proposal management experience
- Ambitious, driven and self-motivated personality adaptable to a fast-paced high volume and high velocity sales organization
- Bachelor's degree or higher required
- Willing to travel throughout the US, estimated up to 90%
- Reside in the greater Boston area, NY & NJ area, VA/DC metro area or CA
- Highly preferred capabilities:
- Possess an understanding of the regulatory pharmacovigilance process for both pre-marketed and post-marketed stages of a product
- Selling drug safety consulting services and products
- Experience working with Regulatory Affairs Departments, Product Safety related departments, or Regulatory Submissions.
- Background in Software as a Service (SaaS) market
- Experience with data-mining or statistical signal detection products
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Job ID: R1115301