Requisition ID: MAR007334
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck's Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a "patient first, profits later" ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
This individual will lead the development and delivery of integrated marketing communications plans and multi-channel programs, supporting the strategic imperatives for the Oncology Franchise. The Marketing Communications Lead is a primary contact for brand teams, regarding brand-specific marketing communications / promotion to external customers. This individual will convert emerging scientific data in oncology into a communication strategy for customer segments and channels.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Significant contributions to the brand building tools.
- The development of a communications strategy that is aligned to the integrated brand/customer strategy and fully leveraging all available channels to deliver a positive customer experience.
- Drive measurement and improvement of promotional effectiveness across the integrated promotional mix and relevant customer segments. Drives marketing effectiveness by creating programs that drive desired customer behaviors, yielding increased revenue. All activities will be conducted in full compliance with Merck policies, values and standards.
- Lead the development of integrated promotion plans, the project promotional content, and coordinates content strategy across all channels.
- Deliver promotional product, new indication or new formulation launch plans highlighting interdependencies with other relevant functional areas such Market Research and Learning.
- Core participant in shaping the key strategic communication objective choices for assigned business/brand(s).
- Partner with the brand team and assigned external agencies to ensure that all offerings meet the strategic and communication objectives for pembrolizumab.
- Help to shape the strategic direction of the global portfolio through active participation with Merck Marketing meetings, and other forums with Regional leaders.
- Demonstrate operational efficiency by leveraging best practices and facilitating cross-Region learning
- Know the customer: demonstrate a deep understanding of customer segments, needs, channel preferences and profitability/life-time value.
- Lead the creation and monitoring of Agency scopes of work (SOWs) and leads the bi-annual Agency evaluation process. Accountable for the operational proficiency of assigned Agencies and other channel outsourced vendors.
- Apply the Merck Marketing and Merck Customer Experience principles, during the promotional planning and development process.
- Work collaboratively with multiple teams including the Market Research, Analytics, and Operations as well as the Franchise leads.
- Manage projects and programs through appropriate internal and external support services in development of content, design, Promotional Review Team (PRT) approvals, and production. Oversee the appropriate administration of promotional budgets for projects and deliverables.
- Demonstrate Merck Leadership Behaviors. Act as a business owner in the operating environment. Maintain alignment to compliance goals and policies
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor's Degree required
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 4 years experience in marketing or marketing support of pharmaceutical products.
- Demonstrated ability to execute a brand or customer marketing strategy.
Experience and success in cross-functional leadership and teamwork.
Strong knowledge of marketing principles.
- Marketing/Marketing support in Oncology and/or Specialty marketplace.
- Campaign and Message Development experience.
- Constituency Management across hierarchial lines.
- Excellent planning and presentation skills
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Masters in Business Administration
- Knowledge/experience with the Oncology Marketplace.
- Product launch or launch planning experience.
- Agency management experience.
- Market research experience.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Marketing Communications/Channels ONC
Other Locations: Upper Gwynedd, PA, US
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark