IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Associate Principal - Real World Evidence
Associate Principals have explicit recognition as senior team members and will take management responsibility for the on-time delivery of projects or and in some cases components of multi country projects for clients in the pharmaceutical or related industries, and for some or all the deliverables of the project team. They are sometimes responsible for mentoring, coaching and development of more junior staff within and outside project teams. Some Associate Principals may have line management and/or mentoring responsibility, where agreed.
- Proactively mentors, coaches and shares subject matter expertise with others to elevate our capabilities to deliver world-class solutions for clients.
- Leads teams of HEOR professionals in the design, development and delivery of consulting projects or components of larger, complex projects.
- With limited senior management input, reviews and analyzes client requirements or problems and leads in the development of proposals of cost effective solutions that ensure profitability and high client satisfaction.
- Provides coaching and direction to more junior HEOR professionals assigned to engagement or across multiple projects at any one time.
- Performs qualitative and/or quantitative analyses to assist in the identification of client issues and the development of client specific solutions. Manages the process of proposal preparation and/or modifications including overall bid integrity.
- Develops project plan with timelines and deliverables and leads project to successful completion, on-time and on-budget, from start to finish with little senior management guidance.
- Provides high level input to and ensures development of the design, structure and delivery of client reports and presentations that are appropriate to the characteristics or needs of the audience.
- Recommends improvements and alternative solutions to resolve problems.
- Builds portfolio of client contacts or identifies new business opportunities of follow-on work and new leads at assigned client.
- Provides and manages communication with client and follows up with client after project deliverable has been completed to ensure client satisfaction.
- Proactively develops broader and deeper knowledge of related consulting methodologies and pharmaceutical market through on the job experience and participation in training opportunities.
- Proactively supports colleagues training and development by leading by example and with specific one to one training.
- Proactively continues to develop specific subject matter expertise through on the job experience, participation in conferences and symposiums and other forums for professional knowledge sharing.
- May have line management, coaching, mentoring and development responsibilities for employees. May assist with recruitment.
- Understands and takes a role in implementing the HEOR business vision and objectives. Support business initiatives and actively supports the strategic development of the business.
- Contribute substantially to the development of the methodology section of statistical analysis plans; with guidance, write methodology and results sections of final reports
- Participate in methodology and/or results discussions and presentations for the client
- BA/BSc in science or economics or related discipline
- MBA, or MSc, MPhil/PhD in economics or related area desirable
EXPERIENCE, TECHNICAL AND PERSONAL SKILLS
- Proven significant experience of outcomes research, economics/health economics is essential as is knowledge of consulting methodologies and key issues and developments within the pharma and healthcare industry.
- Candidates may have post graduate work experience in a related area such as economics, health economics, statistics, psychology or science.
The experience may have been gained in one of the following environments:
- Pharmaceutical or other Healthcare Industry;
- Academic Organization;
- Health Technology Assessment Group;
- Health Services Research.
- Proven significant direct or related experience in consulting and consulting methodologies, tools and techniques
- Proven experience of working in health economics/outcomes research/health services research to project management/line management levels
- Experience of leading teams in the design, development and delivery of consulting projects of varying complexity
- Experience of analyzing client requirements and developing proposals for cost effective solutions
- Excellent management skills, client influencing and consultative relationship building skills with senior level managers and executives in the healthcare industry
- Strong understanding of the health care environment, and a comprehensive understanding of the key issues in the healthcare industry
- Ability to manage multiple projects of varying complexity, juggle priorities and deliver on tight deadlines
- Has necessary subject matter expertise to effectively manage projects within a given area
- Numerate and good research and/or quantitative skills, able to work in Excel to at least intermediate levels
- High level of literacy - able to appraise evidence critically and write reports and manuscripts in clear, concise language as required by type of work;
- Competency in using Word and PowerPoint and an interest in learning relevant decision-support and statistical packages;
- Strong understanding of outcomes research and/or economic theory with significant applied experience;
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
Job ID: R1077610