Join us on our exciting journey! IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
Sr. Hadoop Systems/Development Engineer (Associate Director)
Role Location: Plymouth Meeting or Collegeville, PA or Remote
The Big Data Factory
Our Big Data Factory (BDF) manages IQVIA's High-Performance Infrastructure comprised of many technologies including Hadoop, Data Science Tools, containerization/orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes, Mesophere/DCOS, Triton, as well as many other cutting-edge technologies. We operate our clusters on-premise, private cloud infrastructure, as well as public clouds and are expanding aggressively.
What you'll do:
You will join a team of highly talented Architects, Engineers, and Developers and your main focus will be on the System Engineering and Development of our full Hadoop stack with emphasis on our Data Science product offerings such as Cloudera Data Science Workbench (CDSW), Jupyter, R-Studio and various other products.
- Strong experience with scripting and programming (i.e. Python, Scala, Java, Bash/Shell)
- Cloudera Data Science Workbench (CDSW), Jupyter, Dataiku, Notebooks, IDE, R-Studio)
- Docker, Kubernetes, Containerization
- Experience with Hadoop Stack and Spark 2
- Experience with Linux, AIX, or other Unix flavors
- Data Warehousing design and concepts
- Become team SME on Data Science platform infrastructure and systems for BDF managed tools.
- Help Build out Hadoop clusters in data centers around the world, as well as prive and public cloud
- Tuning multi-tenant Hadoop ecosystem for operational efficiency, balancing various workloads and optimizing Yarn and Impala accordingly
- Implement security, encryption, authentication, and authorization controls to adhere to corporate security policies
- Support Data Governance and data lineage on the cluster
- Understand network optimization and DR strategies
- Support and help to drive our hybrid cloud strategy, develop strategies for compute burst
- Work with data architects on the logical data models and physical database designs optimized for performance, availability and reliability
- Scripting and automation for deployement of Conda packages
- Building and maintaining containers in support of BDF efforts and client's needs (Jupyter, CDSW, etc.)
- Working on modules and scripts to monitor and preemptively address issues in the BDF
- Mentors development team members
- Proactively helps to resolve difficult technical issues
- Provide technical knowledge to teams during project discovery and architecture phases
- Assess new initiatives and technologies to determine the work effort and estimate the necessary time-to-completion
- Document new development, procedures or test plans as needed
- Participate in data builds and deployment efforts. Help mature our Continuous
- Integration and Continuous Deployment methodologies
- Participate in projects through various phases
- Partner with the business units to develop effective solutions that solve business challenges
Minimum Education, Experience, & Specialized Knowledge Required:
Our ideal candidate will have:
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or related Or 10+ years relative working experience
- 5+ years' experience working in Linux
- 3+ years of object oriented programming experience in a high level language like Python, java, scala
- Experience with distributed frameworks such as Spark, SparkR and PySpark.
- Experience in Hadoop eco system like YARN, Hive, Impala, Spark2, Hbase
- Familiar with data science concepts and modeling techniques.
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes. Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there! We invite you to join IQVIA™
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
Job ID: R1077931