Requisition ID: MAN006478
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The Associate Specialist Manufacturing Automation, is responsible for supporting the process control systems for the new product feasibility team located at the Durham, NC facility, while actively supporting an inclusive team culture.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to;
- Trouble-shooting challenging equipment / automation issues to improve manufacturing performance (e.g. yield improvements, etc.) for assigned systems
- Maintaining the automation systems in compliance with cGMPs.
- Providing support as a representative of a startup or existing production team providing technical assistance in fulfilling the automation requirements for the team.
- Reviewing automation documents, preventive maintenance, and SOPs to ensure compliance with GMP and safety.
- Developing and supporting corrective actions for investigations related to automation or IT systems.
- Use technical knowledge to assure the efficient operation of variety of automated processing and information technology systems.
- On-floor support of manufacturing activities.
- Provides support for business area applications.
- Participation in Kaizen events.
- SOP development and review.
- Direct support of regulatory inspections and audits.
- Direct support of validation activities and all other associated Quality functions.
- Other duties requested by Management.
- Reports to the Associate Director Manufacturing Automation
- Frequent interaction with employees from other departments
- Interacts with representatives from regulatory agencies and external suppliers
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Engineering or Computer Science
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience in PLCs, SCADA, DCSs, MES, Batch Operations (S88/S95), IT, and OEM equipment.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Manufacturing Automation
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Durham
Nearest Secondary Market: Raleigh