Requisition ID: ACC005111
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck's Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a "patient first, profits later" ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
The Hospital Federal Associate Account Executive (HFAAE) will manage the business relationship between Merck and assigned hospital/federal accounts with the following goals:
- Establishing profitable product access within Merck product strategy
- Optimizing Net Sales and Contract Performance across Merck's entire portfolio of products
- Ensuring proper oversight on policy, legal, financial, and environmental health care issues
- The HFAAE is responsible for appropriately addressing customer needs across multiple stakeholders to enhance Merck's business relationship with their customers. Each HFAAE is responsible for designated IDN and Federal accounts as assigned by the Health Care Systems Regional Director.
- The HFAAE engages senior Pharmacy Leadership and serves as the Pharmacy Service Line lead for the applicable customers within the Merck Account Team. The HFAAE is responsible for building trust and credibility with their assigned customers through strong interpersonal relationships, in depth knowledge of the customer's organization, objectives, and business and environmental issues impacting the customer, and in depth knowledge of the same for Merck.
- Develops strategic and tactical account plans for assigned accounts.
The responsibilities could include the following:
- Persuasively presenting GPO brand pricing programs to IDN pharmacy leadership
- Communicating approved financial and budget impact models
- Communicating product access with overlay Field Sales Team for assigned IDN and Federal accounts
- Confirming customer contracts are properly loaded to provide the appropriate contract pricing to the eligible sites of care
- Provides an evaluation/review of account performance and broader marketplace trends to optimize net sales for Merck
- Communicating the clinical value proposition for assigned products using approved messages and resources
- Appropriately using approved Merck resources to meet customer educational needs
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor's Degree Required
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree Candidates: 3+ Years of recent sales or account management experience
- Advanced Degree Candidates: 3+ Years of relevant external healthcare experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong Business and Financial Acumen of the external healthcare environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Advanced degree (MBA, Pharm D, MSN) preferred
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience leading cross-functional teams
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Account Management Generic
Other Locations: CO, US; NE, US; MO, US; IA, US
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): N/A
Hazardous Materials: None
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Kansas City