Requisition ID: MAN005887
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
At the Merck Manufacturing facility in Elkton, Virginia, we currently have an Associate Manufacturing Automation Engineer position available. This position provides support for the control system software and hardware for the various manufacturing areas at the site. This typically involves managing several challenging projects. The Associate Manufacturing Automation Engineer will be paired with a more experienced Automation Engineer who will oversee their work as well as their development.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to apply their enthusiasm and technical skills as a member of a multidisciplinary team supporting the operation of pharmaceutical product manufacturing facilities.
- Assist with providing automation support for various manufacturing systems such as Programmable Logic Controllers , Distributed Control Systems and Original Equipment Manufacturer platforms.
- Must be willing to work closely with various site and central groups in order to ensure control systems are designed, implemented and maintained in a manner to ensure manufacturing requirements are met
- Designing solutions to ensure quality and stability of automation systems through future expansions, replacements, or upgrades.
- Using technical knowledge to assure the efficient operation of a variety of automated processing and information technology systems.
- Developing an understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices, safety, and environmental regulations.
- Communicates daily with operation, technical, and quality representatives within area of support through the tier process.
- Periodically reviews automation documents, performs preventive maintenance, and revises or develops automation Standard Operating Procedures.
- Develops and supports corrective actions associated with automation related deviations/investigations
- Communicates periodically with immediate supervisor about the status of area of responsibility
- On the floor trouble shooting support of manufacturing activities
- Maintains all system life cycle documentation
- Responsibilities will potentially include providing automation support on various shifts and remote off-hour coverage support for trouble calls.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Have or will obtain bachelor's degree by May of 2019 in one of the following disciplines: Computer Systems Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Information technology
Required Experience and Skills:
- Programming Coursework
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Exposure to automation system
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Manufacturing Automation
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 6
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Harrisonburg
Nearest Secondary Market: Virginia