Vir Biotechnology is a commercial-stage immunology company focused on combining immunologic insights with cutting-edge technologies to treat and prevent serious infectious diseases. Vir has assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Its current development pipeline consists of product candidates targeting COVID-19, hepatitis B virus, influenza A and human immunodeficiency virus. For more information, please visit www.vir.bio .
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our Mission. We have an ongoing commitment to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give at their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results.
Vir Biotechnology is seeking an experienced Associate Director, Alliance Management. The Associate Director, Alliance Management will be responsible for managing a range of strategic alliances with industry and academic partners in infectious disease areas including SARS-CoV2 and influenza. Reporting to the Senior Director of Alliance Management, the Associate Director will work closely with internal and external colleagues to maximize the value of our alliances and support our corporate strategies and mission.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
- Manage a portfolio of alliances, ensuring project aims, deliverables, and strategic objectives are met;
- Establish and facilitate appropriate governance systems with each partner, including steering and operational committees and decision-making processes
- Become the internal expert on the alliances, gaining a deep understanding of contracts, obligations, and goals
- Establish strong working relationships with alliance counterparts and influencers within partner organizations; navigate differences in cultures, processes, and policies
- Proactively identify and problem solve issues and risks; proactively conduct health checks and identify opportunities to improve, expand, or redirect the alliance
- Collaborate with Business Development, Finance, and Legal to support new alliance contracts and negotiations
- Prepare for and launch new partnerships
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS and 12+ years or advanced scientific degree and 8+ years experience in the pharmaceutical or life sciences industry
- 5-7 years of experience in Alliance Management, Project Management, or Partnering / Business Development, or related function
- Strong knowledge and understanding of drug development and commercialization processes with experience working on clinical program teams preferred
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and within teams in growing, changing, matrixed environments
- Excellent communication, influencing, and organizational skills
- Passionate, curious, and purpose-driven
Vir's compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person's experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other Vir benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, company shut down for holidays, commuter benefits, child care reimbursement, education reimbursement, 401K match and lunch for all lab essential personnel!
Vir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request accommodation.
Vir Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.