Join us on our exciting journey! IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
Tableau Zen Master, Tableau Jedi, Data Wizard, Data Rockstar... Do you fit any one (or more) of these descriptions? Do you get a thrill from scouring the Tableau Community to provide solutions to those in need? Do you want the challenge of leading a high performing Tableau Development team architecting and designing the next generation of our syndicated and customizable dashboard solution?
The Managed Markets team of IQVIA seeks an Associate Director to lead our team of talented Data Visualization Developers. Located in Cambridge, MA, we partner with data engineers, consulting colleagues, and technical teams to develop scalable and efficient analytics solutions.
The solution landscape we offer are syndicated solutions accessed by 100's of users inside and outside of IQVIA and customized analytics supporting the needs of our pharmaceutical manufacturer clients. 2019 is a year of investment in modernizing and re-platforming our solution to Tableau 2018.x. This modernization includes: establishment of a consistent modern design philosophy, performance improvement activities for the solution including the potential for hyper, delivering on an aggressive roadmap for new analytic offerings, and implementation of various custom and vendor supplied automation and auditing tools for Tableau.
Given our aggressive roadmap for 2019 and beyond we are searching for an expert in Tableau and visualization design. This expertise will have been obtained with 7+ years developing Tableau solutions, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry with a focus on standardized reporting. The successful candidate will be experienced in leading design sessions to architect visually appealing and meaningful data visualizations. In addition to the standardized solution, IQVIA offers custom development services for both internal and external clients. The Associate Director shall be experienced in partnering with clients to conceptualize and design dashboard solutions which can be delivered on our platform.
From a Tableau perspective, the individual should have in-depth knowledge and experience with working with large (300M+ row) data sets and how to design high performing dashboards. The individual suited for this role will have experience in managing/maintaining sites and projects for 50+ clients ensuring a consistent design, deployment, and maintenance process is followed. Highly desired for this role is an individual familiar with custom or 3rd party tools enabling rapid deployment and auditing. This role requires an expert in both design and understanding/implementing best practices related to data for Tableau 2018.x. They will have experience in migrating legacy (10.x) dashboards to a 2018.x environment and identifying opportunities to leverage the newer features of 2018.x. The candidate shall be an innovator for Tableau enabled UI/UX solutions-pushing the tool to its limits and advocating, with Tableau, for enhancements.
A successful candidate will have led small development teams (3-6 developers) for Tableau/Analytics solutions driving both excellence in delivery and mentorship of the team. The Associate Director has responsibility for goal setting and performance management of the team. They should have experience with developing career progression plans for the team. With the aggressive roadmap for 2019, the Associate Director will balance competing priorities and set healthy and attainable development goals for the team. As a development lead, the individual should have experience in an Agile environment leveraging JIRA/Confluence to manage projects and requirements.
The Associate Director is a key member of the Managed Markets Development Leadership Team joined by colleagues responsible for infrastructure/data, custom software development, project management/business analysis, and client engagement. As a member of the leadership team, the associate director is expected to contribute to the overall strategic vision for the organization by effectively balancing development initiatives with resources/cost constraints. The individual should be experienced in advocating for their team and the solution with data-based recommendations for improvements. The Associate Director will ensure project risks are managed and deviations to plan are identified and mitigated with the leadership team.
- Leadership and mentorship for 3-6 developers, both on and off-shore
- Management of 50+ Sites for syndicated/custom solutions
- Migration of legacy solution to Tableau 2018.x and implementation of continuous release management process
- Thought leadership, design, and implementation of dashboard modernization process focusing on performance, user adoption, standardization and analytic value
- Project and issue management for development and on-going maintenance
- Implementation of standard/automated processes for deployment and auditing
- Lead client design sessions for solution development
- Balance internal/external projects and competing timelines
- Serve as internal Tableau Zen Master, providing mentorship and training outside of directly managed team on best practices and standardized design guidelines for the organization
- Partner with solution architect to leverage the capabilities of Tableau Server
- BA/BS in computer science, User Experience/Digital and Interactive Design/Interaction Design, graphic design, business management or related field - MS preferred
- 7+ years of total experience as a Tableau Developer for solutions deployed on Tableau Server, preferred designation as Zen Master/Jedi
- 3+ years leading Tableau/BI Development teams, with a preference toward on/off-shore collaboration
- 3+ years of pharmaceutical industry knowledge, with a preference toward managed markets/contracting experience is a plus
- Experience with Hyper, SQL Server 2018, Hadoop, and Alteryx
- Proven documentation and organizational skills
- Experience with Agile SCRUM and Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Creative energy and a sense of humor
- Experience with JIRA / Confluence a plus
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled'
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes. Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there! We invite you to join IQVIA™
Job ID: R1058786