Our Support Functions deliver services and makes recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the experience of working at our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Position Overview / Function and Responsibility
The Associate Director:
- Lead a small team through financial and compliance audits and assessments across all divisions and functions to evaluate the adequacy of internal controls and deliver audit reports that add value to the area audited.
- Coaches and trains staff members during the execution of the audits and assessments.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and techniques to assess risk and evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls in moderately complex business scenarios in accordance with timelines.
- Applies knowledge to analyze and evaluate business scenarios following a risk based approach and maintains supporting documentation.
- Coaches in the skill of detecting, analyzing, quantifying and reporting non-conformance.
- Participates in projects to drive continuous improvement and efficiencies.
- Provides technical guidance and consultation on Company Policies and Procedures/Control Issues to the client and audit staff.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance and CPA preferred.
Required Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 5 years of finance and/or audit experience.
- Ability to identify and integrate patterns, trends, and inconsistencies across data sources to determine their broader implications.
- Coach in ways to improve team cohesiveness and effectiveness.
- Maintains team’s focus in the face of distractions, problems or crises.
- Ability to proactively share information through appropriate mediums to keep others informed.
- Ability to use an open communication style that actively acknowledges other thoughts and opinions.
- Air travel is required within assigned regions/entities both domestically and internationally to complete testing; estimated travel up to 30% of the time. Driving is also required for certain domestic audits.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- A professional audit and/or control, security certification such as CPA, CISA, CIA, CMA, CFE.
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Big 4 Audit experience.
Our Finance team brings together our financial perspectives into our overall strategic and tactical decision making. We use state-of-the-art techniques for financial analysis, planning, accounting, reporting and performance evaluation. This allows the organization to continue advancing medical innovation and improve lives.
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: