Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Associate Director, Channel Accounts is field-based and a key part of the Market Access Channel Operations and Contracting department. This person will develop and manage channel relationships and agreements with Retail Pharmacy and Oncology Group Purchasing Organizations. This person will have responsibility for maintaining existing relationships with channel partners, negotiating new channel relationships, and act as a conduit for communication between Channel Operations and our channel partners. Deliver value added solutions to both external channel partners and internal Jazz channel operations stakeholders and be passionate about the patient experience.
- Oversees account relationships with the development and management of high-level strategic channel activity to include, but not limited to, Group Purchasing Organizations (GPO) and Chain Pharmacies plus other Channel opportunities as they become relevant.
- Provide key input into channel strategy and optimize services to enhance performance for the Jazz product portfolio.
- Work closely with Trade, Distribution & Government Program teams to create supporting business plans and initiatives. Identify short-term and long-term objectives for the program initiatives and outline solutions to achieve objectives including measurements and timelines.
- In coordination with Channel Operations and Contracting, negotiate contract terms, fees, service parameters and manage all contractual conditions. Act as liaison between Legal, Finance, Compliance, Regulatory, Quality Assurance, Commercial and Market Access teams in an effort to stream line contract implementation flow.
- Work cross functionally with individual Brand Teams to ensure overall awareness of Channel partner knowledge including input on marketing and/or educational materials.
- Collaborate with Brand teams to develop strategy and execution in the GPO market.
- Provide subject matter expertise and all aspects of channel landscape to leaders across Jazz.
- Analyze market behavior and buying patterns and communicate findings to internal stakeholders.
- Provide valuable and creative solutions to various challenges within the distribution channel.
- Work within the Pricing and Policy function to provide insight of contractual obligations in reference to pricing and policy.
- Attend external stakeholder conferences staying current on trends that impact business
- BS/BA required along with 10+ years of related experience in the pharmaceutical, medical device, or biotech industry.
- MBA preferred.
- Prior leadership/management roles with related experience preferred.
- Prior experience in channel strategy formulation and execution with in Group Purchasing Organizations. (Experience with Corporate Retail Pharmacy Chains a plus.)
- Must be able to manage customer relationships and product contracts for portfolio of products within different therapeutic areas.
- In-depth knowledge of Channel/Trade function across various health care settings.
- Excellent negotiation, contract strategy and presentation skills.
- Strong business knowledge and acumen.
- Excellent written and verbal skills and must be able to effectively communicate with internal stakeholders and vendor.
- Ability to travel domestically on regular basis.
- Ensure compliance of operating policies in an extremely diverse and multiple priority environments.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.