Connected Devices is one of the most dynamic and interesting areas within the Clinical Research industry. The identification, strategy and management of various devices and their data ingestion modalities in order to meet the endpoint goals of our customers is ever challenging and exciting. This highly visible business unit is closely connected to other trial delivery teams within IQVIA. We work closely with technology partners and our sponsor partners to help speed therapies to market in a global network. We seek highly motivated and accountable people looking for opportunities to impact the business and be part of the solution. At IQVIA, we look at individuals with a focus on continuous learning and career development
To assist department Director in developing department strategy and team building; to ensure a high standard of service to clients and develop strategies in alignment with departmental objectives; manage key client relationships; manage direct reports. It is an individual contributor role.
• Ensure consistent and outstanding quality against department deliverables.
• Manage customer relationships and lead the teams towards successfully achieving customer deliverables.
• Manage the standard operating procedures of the department and ensure compliance with ICH GCP guidelines.
• Oversee the maintenance, review and implementation of Quality Control procedures.
• Lead departmental and company Projects and Initiatives.
• Conduct capacity planning.
• Assist the Business Development team with RFP(Request for proposal)/RFI (request for information) review for assigned accounts, working closely with the internal teams and the client.
• Oversee forecast, backlog and projections for existing account and for direct reports; complete forecasting for existing accounts.
• Manage staff in accordance with organization's policies and guidelines. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems. Approve actions on human resources matters for reportees.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of FDA (Food and Drug Administration) guidelines and their impact on the operations
• Good team leadership skills
• Good ability to prioritize, schedule and organize
• Good problem-solving skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Basic Knowledge of computers preferably Microsoft Office Excel and Microsoft Office Word
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree Life sciences or related discipline Req
• 10 years of relevant experience, including experience establishing and managing a high-quality department/core team Req Or
• Equivalent combination of education, training and experience Req
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible - to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.