The Associate Director, Data Insights and Control within Master Data Strategy & Integration provides direct support toward defining and implementing sales performance data usage within the US Market. It requires the alignment with brand teams to ensure data needs are understood and provides insight and expertise to help the teams meet their objectives. It also supports the US business areas’ need to utilize this centralized data to implement business initiatives and carry out ongoing Commercial Marketing & Sales related activities. Core responsibilities include the management of data insights projects as well as data inventory and cataloging efforts, and the creation of a cohesive environment of a data framework for business data needs. This position manages a team of personnel in the coordination of various business area requirements from conception to completion.
Direct communication is required with functional business owners, IT personnel, data stewards and other key personnel. This position work directly with external vendors to evaluate new opportunities as well as implement ongoing operational process.
Key responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
- Manages a team of personnel consisting of internal and contracted employees.
- Defines requirements, timeline schedules and flowcharts.
- Develops and documents all production and process standards.
- Provides point responsibility and representation of Master Data Strategy & Integration in US market business programs.
- Prepares visual aids and provides presentations for team meetings, sales teams, and brand team.
- Assists with testing and maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Prepares and aids in the detailed workflow charts and diagrams to illustration sequence of steps to describe input, output, and flows of information within defined processes.
- Compiles and writes documentation of business process development and subsequent revisions.
- Revises or directs revision of existing processes to increase operation efficiency or to adapt to new requirements.
- Investigates and recommends data quality issues and improvements.
- Required – BA/BS business Administration, Sales, Marketing, IT or other related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years US Operations Healthcare Information related experience
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Possess good organization capabilities and exceptional communication skills
- Flexible to change in process timing and deliverables
- Understanding data definitions within the Pharmaceutical industry
- Experience and knowledge of IQVIA performance related data at our company
- Minimum of (5) years experience directly managing employees
- Minimum of (7) years experience in Project or Program Management
- Knowledge of or experience in the Master Data management field
Our Human Health Division maintains a “patient first, profits later” ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.
Who we are …
We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: