Requisition ID: REG004164
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck's Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a "patient first, profits later" ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
Associate Director - Digital Engagement Team - US Oncology Marketing
In the rapidly evolving digital world, leaders must take a proactive approach to transformation in order to capitalize on change including using personal promotion, digital and social techniques to optimize customer engagement and enhance their experience. Given evolving customer preferences, we must be agile and adaptable as we work to transform our US Oncology franchise omni-channel marketing strategy while bolstering analytics to enhance our decision making and optimize resource investment.
We are looking for an experienced digital marketer with expertise in omni-channel marketing strategy. This person will lead digital engagement strategy targeting key customers across several oncology brands. This marketing position will articulate customer specific digital strategies and then work with the promotions teams to create powerful digital content to drive awareness, adoption, and advocacy.
Key responsibilities for members of the Digital Engagement Team include:
- Lead strategic and innovative digital marketing programs to improve the overall customer experience via branded and above brand promotion.
- Understand the details of the brands marketing strategy in order to make recommendations on digital executions that complement the overall marketing plan.
- Understand the customer journey and their full digital ecosystem; leverage channel insights by segment to address customer needs.
- Collaborate with internal Digital enterprise teams to leverage tech platforms and organizational capabilities to meet the needs of our Oncology customers.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for omni-channel content strategy development and planning; share digital marketing knowledge with the other brand team members to bolster overall marketing team capabilities.
- Advances digital marketing capabilities by identifying new opportunities, seeking necessary input from key stakeholders, operationalization of innovative ideas and optimizing channel measurement.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Advanced degree preferred.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 4 years of digital and multi-channel marketing experience including strategy development
- Minimum of 4 years pharmaceutical marketing experience focusing on either Consumer, Healthcare Professional, or Payer / Key Account stakeholders (Oncology experience preferred)
- Ability to lead, advocate, and collaborate across various functions - at all levels
- Experience using analytics to measure and improve digital initiatives
- Operational knowledge and expertise across paid, owned and earned digital
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Regional Marketing
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name: Merck