About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, our Finance and Operations team works to provide strategic direction to the company, ensuring that everything we do is viable and built to last. Overseeing and safeguarding Novo Nordisk Inc (NNI’s) short and long-term planning, Finance and Operations works closely with teams across the organization to develop strategies and business plans, monitor industry trends and provide operating recommendations. We regulate accounting, uphold workplace safety, manage our supply chain and sampling, support technology, maintain our facilities and assure the integrity and completeness of all business transactions. At Novo Nordisk, you will have the opportunity to build a life-changing career in a global business environment. We encourage our employees to make the most of their talent. And we reward hard work and dedication with the opportunity for continuous learning and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
The Finance Business Partner is the main financial partner for the Business Unit, supporting evidence based decision making based on solid financial planning and analysis driving business performance. The Finance Business Partner is responsible for the business unit P/L, take up a key leadership role in the Business Unit and serve a central role in liaising between Finance, Commercial Analytics and Insights, Pricing & Contracting as well as Strategy.
This position sits within Finance, but has a dotted line reporting relationship to head of assigned business unit/ET member. Multiple internal relationships exist with several senior leadership teams and partners heavily with assigned business unit management.
- Primary financial contact for Functional Area and deals with all levels within that organization, from Senior Vice President (SVP) to Administrator providing formal and informal guidance, analyses, data retrieval etc. for assigned area
- Routinely communicates business unit and company consolidated financial and operational performance trends, historical and forecasted, using appropriate metrics. Bring recommendations, trends, resulting implications, key actions, and strategic implications to relevant stakeholders in the business unit at NNI level and Headquarters (HQ)
- Owns the sales forecast for the BioPharm business unit including volume, price and gross-to-net items
- Accountable to maintain a strong working relationship with BioPharm, Patient Centered Outcomes Research (PCOR) & Strategy groups to ensure solid and aligned input to financial forecasting and reporting as well as input regarding ongoing issues or occurrences that could impact the overall sales forecast. Flag potential impacts from these issues on the financial forecast for management on a 'real-time' basis
- Collaborate on the maintenance of gross to net models and tools ensuring they are up to date and accurately reflect current thinking and developments
- Develops processes and identifies personal responsibility for the measurement of gross to net items and the over-all net sales forecast
- Support the Business Unit brand strategy and tactical process with financial analysis as well as liaise with business development and other strategic business cases
- Supports the business unit in preparing the cost plan optimally supporting the tactical plan
- Reviews and evaluates the quality of data and new data sources used in analyses, generating new insights and continuously improving the quality of all information
- Serve as an internal consultant for the BioPharm team, Sales, Finance, Supply Chain, Business Development, and Investor Relations on forecasting issues on a day-to-day basis
- Stays current and demonstrates expertise with forecasting methodologies, processes, and resources
- Proposes recommendations for enhancements and/or improvements based on industry trends
- Leads effort to coordinate, facilitate, update, create budget by Cost Center by Account, by Month for each formal budget cycle. Primary source of support and guidance to Functional Area during budget cycle
- Meets with Functional Area Cost Center Managers to develop accrual journal entry support based on knowledge of assigned Functional Area, accounting principles and adherence to prescribed internal controls. Guidance is provided to Cost Center Managers as to the nature and propriety of accruals
- Manages and prioritizes ad-hoc analytical requests from all stakeholder groups. Executes all ad-hoc analysis in agreed-upon timeframe. Provides integrated analyses for customers and other business groups (e.g., ad hoc customer segment reports and trend reports for internal Sales and Marketing management)
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to prescribed internal controls and documenting such adherence, as necessary, in conjunction with Sarbanes – Oxley requirements
- Responsible for mastering and becoming expert in various financial systems such as Business Warehouse, Global Financial Planning, SAP R/3, & BI tools
0-10% overnight travel required.
- Bachelor’s Degree within Finance, Management Accounting or similar required and MBA or CPA preferred
- A minimum of 8 years accounting/financial analysis experience required, of which at least seven (7) years of experience in financial management reporting with significant experience/exposure to Net Sales reporting; pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Strong focus on process and structured workflows
- Proactive, high energy and driven to complete projects
- Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to influence senior stakeholders. Manages multiple internal relationships at all levels of the business. Strong interface with senior level management concerning matters of importance to the Company
- Strong ability to understand and define stakeholder information needs and translate these needs into clear actions
- Ability and drive to develop a new cross collaborative unit
- Ambitious mindset with a continuous improvement approach and a desire to simplify the way we operate
- High integrity
- Idea-generator and ability to secure timely execution of agreed actions
- Ability to utilize time effectively; sets priorities in order to manage multiple projects with time sensitive deadlines
- Good understanding of existing market and claim data sources preferred; strong ability to condense complicated data set to a key message required
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Requisition ID: 59345BR
Job Category: Finance