Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
Position Summary and Core Responsibilities:
- Manage all day to day finance activities for General Ledger and Reporting team, and intercompany invoicing for all legal entities supported by the Dublin based finance team
- Review of monthly management accounts (including Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash flow statement and analysis) to tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of finance and accounting concepts and strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Provide key management information to a high standard and perform financial analysis with meaningful insights as required.
- Liaison with payroll and AP teams for ledger entries for entities supported from Dublin.
- Manage and mentor junior members of the team.
Other Specific Functions or Duties:
- Review and disposition of reconciling items arising from account reconciliations.
- Interpret and provide clear explanation of financial and operational information in a timely manner to support business in understanding past performance and its impact on future performance
- Primary contact for external and internal auditors, responsible for managing the annual statutory audit and interim reviews and preparation of statutory financial statements
- Maintain appropriate SOX process and control documentation, ensuring the proper design and execution of internal controls and assisting in the coordination of SOX control
- Lead in driving process improvements to align to overall Finance vision for statutory reporting
- Educate the business on new financial policy initiatives and new accounting policies or procedures
- Provide ad-hoc financial modeling and analysis of performance or emerging trends as required
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS.
- Big 4 Experience and Biotech and/or Pharmaceutical experience an advantage.
- Experience of and competence in using MS Office, in particular Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of accounting software packages, in particular SAP S4 / Hana an advantage
- Excellent presentation, communication, facilitation and influencing skills.
- Results orientated with strong attention to detail.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and comply with tight deadlines
- Fluency in additional European languages an advantage.
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting, and ACA/ACCA qualification a must, with minimum 7 years post qualification experience, preferably in dynamic international organisations.
Environment and Physical Requirements:
- Not applicable
Ability to Travel:
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.