Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. Under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
The Associate Director FP&A and Alliance Partnership position is an integral part of the finance team supporting our Oncology Business Unit (OBU) business partners and is responsible for providing financial leadership & guidance to achieve company objectives. This position will need to have a collaborative and teamwork mindset to bring value to our business partners and organization. This position will lead the Annual Financial Plan, Quarterly LE Forecast, & monthly reporting processes for assigned areas. This role will participate on the Alliance partnership fostering a strong business relationship and providing strategic financial guidance in meeting Alliance deliverables. This position will be responsible for finding novel approaches to solving problems and focus on improving processes across the organization. The person will be required to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills to build and manage effective working relationships throughout the organization.
- Alliance Management: Develops a strong working relationship within the alliance. Drives the alliance forecasting process in partnership with internal and external teams. Provides guidance on the alliance forecasts as well as Actuals reporting and analysis while ensuring compliance with alliance policies and procedures. Provides support to the alliance Joint Finance Committee (JFC) consolidating Global & Regional deliverables.
- Business Partnering: Develops effective working relationships with Global and Regional business partners and influences strategic decisions to align to company objectives. Develops strong business knowledge of the Functions to help find synergies & efficiencies across the organization. Challenges the status quo in an appropriate way to find more optimal and cost-effective approaches that are aligned to our strategy.
- Financial Plan & Latest Estimates (LEs): Leads the Annual Financial Plan & LE Forecast cycles. Collaborates with business partners to monitor revenue & expense performance indicators to provide guidance and insight into the financial forecasts. Develops proposals to mitigate / enhance risks and opportunities with sufficient lead time.
- Management Reporting: Prepares monthly reporting package working with Global and Regional business partners on reasons for any variances and implications on business performance. Works with Leader of FP&A to streamline and improve reporting to offer management insights to make more informed business decisions. Develops KPI metrics and other tools to evaluate performance across the business.
- Change Management & Special Projects: Responsible for developing & improving processes to enhance efficiencies, as well as offering novel solutions & perspectives aligned with company goals. Accountable for any ad hoc special projects as they arise.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required
- MBA in Finance preferred
- 7 or More Years experience in accounting and/or Financial Planning and Analysis-related work, and/or pharmaceutical/R&D experience required
Licenses and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
Ability to travel up to 10% potential limited travel for accounting conferences/trainings, etc.
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.