Requisition ID: SER001907
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare .
As an addition to our Capital Procurement Strategic team and based in Switzerland, Ireland, the Netherlands or the US, we are looking for an Associate Director - Global Capital Procurement (m/f) (permanent full-time contract).
The Associate Director - Global Capital Procurement will participate to the elaboration and implementation of global supply strategies to support the pipeline of capital projects (USD 16 billion).
The primary activities include but are not limited to:
- Responsibility for a portfolio of capital categories and supplier relationships (Construction/Engineering services - EPCM)
- Collaboration and partnering with engineering, manufacturing, regional site management and operations to understand company strategy, business trends & capital investment
- Ensure appropriate stakeholders are identified and managed. Seek for senior sponsorship to understands strategic business requirements
- Creation and implementation of 1-3-5-year strategic sourcing strategies and lead sourcing including RFX, negotiations and contracting
- Provide the leadership, strategy and policy for the category, building a high-performance engagement model with the business and regions
- Optimization of value and ensure appropriate risk mitigation considering assurance of supply, quality, service, cost, innovation and regulatory compliance
- Manage supplier performance against business requirements using proven processes
- Bachelor's Degree in Procurement, Supply-Chain, Business or Design-Engineering. A Masters' Degree or relevant certification is of advantage
- 5-7 years' experience in procurement in complex matrix organizations
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in sourcing capital projects
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in project management demonstrating the ability to successfully complete large, complex and international projects
- Business Fluency in English is a must. Proven ability to communicate effectively in both a written and verbal format
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams in a multicultural environment
- Capabilities in sourcing & supplier strategies, sourcing methodology, supplier relationship management, negotiation, legal, supplier risk management, claim management
- Problem solving skills, conflict management skills, dealing with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Interpersonal skills, inclusion and diplomacy, with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of MS -Office
- CPM or equivalent certification preferred
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Services Procurement
Other Locations: Whitehouse Station, NJ, US; Kenilworth, NJ, US
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia