Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
With over 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for hypertension and thrombotic disorders, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with a Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo research and development is primarily focused on bringing forth novel therapies in oncology, including immuno-oncology, with additional focus on new horizon areas, such as pain management, neurodegenerative diseases, heart and kidney diseases, and other rare diseases.
Oversees typically a single non-pivotal trial (small size, standard complexity in design and geographic scope). Prepares clinical section of regulatory document. Collaborates as team member with AROs/CROs. Drafts development plans, protocol profiles, and sections of submission documents under guidance of higher level. Reviews and oversee completion of clinical trial protocols. Provides medical and/or scientific direction to Clinical Operations. Represents Clinical Development on Project Teams.
- Study Strategy: Provides the strategic direction to Biostats Data Mgmt & Data Ops for EDC, edit checks, data quality listings, SAP, Data Mgmt plan; Reviews patient population and protocol compliance for consistency with study strategy; Develops biomarker strategy in collaboration with Translational Medicine/Clin Pharm; May act as Clinical study leader (CSL)
- Study Planning and Execution: Provides input on major milestones of trial, clinical trial plan and contingency planning; Analyzes and updates management on potential risks to study deliverables; Provides input on ICF creation; Oversees recruitment and retention; establishes and implements contingency plans for shortfalls; Consults & recruits members for DSMB and/or adjudication committee setup
- Study outputs: Draft responses to IRBs and Health Authorities; Collaborates with Translational Medicine and Clinical Pharmacology to ensure appropriate biomarker, PK / PD measurements; Reviews emerging clinical data regularly; Leads dose-escalation meetings; Performs quality assessment with Delivery Lead e.g. review Tables/Listings/Graphs before database lock and quality check of data; Works with BD&O to ensure SAP update
- External collaboration: Consults with internal experts and external KOLs, Ad Boards for protocol development; Provides input on CRO / ARO Statement of Work and Budget; Establishes effective communication between CRO / vendors / ARO
- Additional non-study related activities: Occasional senior management interactions at FIHC, WDC; Initiates contact w/KOL and prepares material for KOL interactions on a program based need; Involvement with in-licensing and acquisitions on individual due diligence activities
Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- MSc or MPH; PharmD, PhD, or equivalent desirable; Postgraduate training in TA or related specialty, or equivalent, desirable
- MSC or MPH - 3 Years
- PharmD, or PhD - None
- Strategic Thinking, Clinical Trials Knowledge, Influencing Skills, Scientific Knowledge, Therapeutic Expertise, Drug Development, Critical Thinking, Team Leadership
In-house office position that may require up to 25% travel (global).
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.