Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for cardiovascular diseases, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a \"Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,\" Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
The purpose of this role is to drive Real World Evidence (RWE) generation strategies, accelerate the speed of RWE generation, and support the implementation of RWE studies in close alignment with key global and regional functions. The Associate Director, Global Oncology RWE Analytics & Operations will work with Global HEOR asset leads on identifying opportunities for advanced analytics and innovative research methodologies to fill evidence gap assessments and RWE tactics across the oncology portfolio towards a successful market access for the Daiichi-Sankyo oncology products. He/She will support the asset specific HEOR strategy in coordinating data requirements and performing analysis for evidence generation activities under the Global Oncology Market Access & Pricing department for the Oncology Business Unit, in close collaboration with cross-functional evidence generation teams. The Associate Director, Global Oncology RWE Analytics & Operations reports directly into the RWE Analytics & Operations Lead and is responsible for the planning, coordination, and execution of RWE analytics and enables cross-functional coordination of evidence generation activities with global and regional functions, including Medical Affairs, Marketing, and others, to feed into the to Global Project Teams (GPTs) and Global Brand Teams (GBTs) for endorsements. The role will also lead the development of the RWE operating model for data generation and dissemination in close collaboration with the HEOR asset leads, including new processes and refinement of existing operating procedures, as well as building and retaining the institutional memory.
The Associate Director, Global Oncology RWE Analytics & Operationswill have the responsibility and accountability for the following:
- Deliver strategic planning and project implementation using RWD and RWE analytics to extract insights and generate evidence for payers, HTA and pricing & reimbursement submissions
- Provide technical input and guidance on the application of RWE analytics and data requirements, from translation of the research question into analysis plan and project delivery
- Develop and maintain systematic evidence generation processes with observational health data research methods and tactics to adapt to evolving evidence needs in close alignment across all impacted functions
- Provide technical expertise on the evaluation and assessment of various RWD sources and maintain current knowledge on the evolving use of RWE for market access and payer negotiation
- Effectively manage processes for RWE project implementations, as well managing outsourcing activities towards external consultancies and contractors, ensuring delivery according to key milestones, budget and to agreed and expected quality
- Develop analytics capabilities, toolsets, and processes to build and retain an institutional memory in RWE study conduct and RWD access
- Work closely with the HEOR asset leads to effectively execute RWE studies and generate HEOR & RWE strategies to support the Daiichi Sankyo oncology assets
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- Master's Degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., health economics, public health, epidemiology, health informatics, statistics/mathematics) required
- PhD or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years' experience in the pharmaceutical industry, 3 of which must be working in the healthcare analytics and/or RWE field, or commensurate education/experience
- Expertise in statistical analysis and development in programming languages such as R/Python/Matlab/SQL, as well as visualization of healthcare data
- Hands on experience with HEOR methodologies and RWE analytics across all phases of the product life cycle is preferred
- Track record of supporting HEOR studies through the application of novel and innovative methods using RWD to fill evidence generation gaps
- Expertise in various RWD sources (EMR/EHR, claims, disease registries, etc.) and clinical data standards, including medical terminologies, vocabularies, and ontologies
- Knowledge and experience of Oncology therapy areas is strongly preferred
- Demonstrates understanding and knowledge of key drug development processes, plans, studies, and strategies including clinical, regulatory, scientific, operational, and commercial aspects of drug development. Uses knowledge to the organization's advantage; generates new ideas and enables the organization to improve business performance.
- Demonstrates understanding and knowledge of HEOR methods and RWD, the issues and challenges of applying these alongside clinical studies in drug development, and delivers novel informatics solutions
- Strong influencing skills and ability to navigate in a matrix organization, with proven ability to work cross-functionally, build coalitions and develop strong partnerships across functions
- Understanding of RWD landscape across various geographies and be familiar with market-specific data quality and coverage considerations
- Demonstrates personality traits and values to be successful in the role, such as strategic thinking, integrity, collaboration, commitment, etc
- Experience within a pharmaceutical industry, consulting, or equivalent organization involved in research and development of healthcare technologies and/or delivery solutions
- Outstanding writing and presentation skills and ability to work under pressure, to take accountability for business challenges, think strategically and tackle complex problems
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to identify trends and emerging patterns in areas such as acceptance, governance, and analytical methods of RWE in HEOR, HTA assessments, Market Access, and Healthcare delivery and payer requirements
Ability to travel up to 30%
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.