Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
With over 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for hypertension and thrombotic disorders, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with a Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo research and development is primarily focused on bringing forth novel therapies in oncology, including immuno-oncology, with additional focus on new horizon areas, such as pain management, neurodegenerative diseases, heart and kidney diseases, and other rare diseases.
The Associate Director, GMA Oncology, Scientific Engagement is responsible for the execution of activities in support of Global Medical Affairs Scientific Engagement strategies and plan for the Solid Tumor or Hematology therapeutic area (TA), under the guidance of the Director, GMA Oncology Scientific Engagement.
- Execution of Global Key External Experts (KEE) engagement strategy and operational plan. Management and updating of KEE mapping and engagement plans, and related systems used for global coordination of medical activities.
- Support coordination of Global scientific engagements (KEE, patient advocacy, professional society, and other HCP stakeholders) at major congresses, in collaboration with GMAT leads, regional and country medical leads, and other relevant internal cross-functional stakeholders. This includes alignment with Global Marketing, R&D, and Cancer Enterprise stakeholders.
- Support management of Vendor activities and tracking of milestones for payments of activities related to these GMA scientific engagement projects.
- Management of activities supported by grants & sponsorships, such as external medical education (CME, standalone or industry-sponsored symposia). Completion and submission of related legal and compliance applications and associated follow up with requestors.
- Responsible for the execution of global medical Advisory Boards and/or other input-seeking medical activities in alignment with GMAT lead.
- Support management of Vendor activities and tracking of milestones for payments of activities related to GMA input-seeking projects.
- Manage consistent collection of medical insights from key global/regional/local medical activities for assigned TA in coordination with GMAT lead and other relevant cross-functional stakeholders, and collate for reporting to key stakeholders and to help inform the overall medical plan for the respective TA.
Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- PhD/PharmD, minimum 3 years of experience in pharma at local, regional and/or Global level.
- BS/MS, Minimum of 5 years required in pharma at local, regional and/or Global level.
- Have a good knowledge of current clinical practice in Oncology / Hematology / Solid Tumor other relevant disease areas
- Have strong knowledge in and understanding of scientific engagement activities (including advisory boards, symposia, etc.)
- Effectively engage external stakeholders across a broad range of audiences and activities
- Strong planning, coordination and organizational skills
- Strong influencing skills; Leads without authority
- Excellent project management skills
- Provide medical expertise to ensure successful product launches across functions
- Build strong internal and external relationships with diverse stakeholders that maximize alignment and organizational effectiveness
- Integrate medical expertise with commercial perspective
- Expertly manage ambiguity and complex situations
- Strong collaboration/relationship management skills, organizational/planning skills, presentation skills (oral/written), ability to prioritize and influence without authority, customer focused and results oriented.
- Proven skills in project planning and management.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to operational plans.
- Compliance acumen; demonstrated understanding of the legal and regulatory environment.
Ability to travel up to 20%
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.