Our Market Access team monitors population demographics and develop solutions to give patients access to our medicines. We act as both educators and advocates for our products, processes, and practices that help us revolutionize how our medicines create value in society.
The Associate Director, Global Market Access, HealthSystem Strategic Assessment Team, is responsible for leading the cross functional understanding of the sub-national HealthSystem customers across the globe to contribute to the activities associated with developing an integrated global market access strategy. The incumbent will leverage the value potential of our company’s products as assigned and align to health priorities of customers to collaborate to deliver value-based care (better care at lower total cost).
In this role, the Associate Director (AD) will partner with the Regional Market Access Leaders to identify priority markets with sub-national variation and robust care delivery data and execute customer archetypes and system of care assessments to expand and accelerate access to our company’s products. Based on the assessments, he/she will design and provide training of the strategic assessment framework and associated tools for global, regional and country stakeholders. He/she will drive the results of these assessments into the integrated access strategy development process in an iterative manner.
The Associate Director will work with with the Franchise Global Access Strategy Leaders and engage with all relevant internal global functional areas (CORE, Medical Affairs, Policy, Marketing etc) accountable for the chronic care products to ensure enhanced and aligned understanding of the sub-national HealthSystem customers and development of integrated global market access strategies as well as commercial strategies of the brands.
The primary activities include but are not limited to:
- Implement the analytical framework by leveraging sub-national archetyping and system of care assessments to maximize market access strategy development and execution across the chronic care portfolio at both the global and local level
- Develop strategic assessment frameworks and tools to expand reach and achieve scale across the HH portfolio
- Build internal awareness and gain support across commercial leadership teams at the global and country level while building internal partnerships across divisions inclusive of HH, MRL, PCPH and MMD
- Identify and engage external partners and stakeholders to support the analytical framework with the expectation of informing health policy decisions inclusive of government agencies, academic thought leaders and other industry influencers.
Education Minimum Requirements
- Master’s degree in business administration, health policy, or health economics preferred
Required Experience and Skills
- At least 5-7 years of experience in one or more of these areas: market access, marketing, pricing/reimbursement, health policy and/or health economics, strategic product marketing (or equivalent roles), market research
- Ability to distill down and synthesize complex information from various resources to insights and actions
- Ability to self-start and excel in ambiguous business environment and shape the environment for self, team and the company.
- Experience successfully leading cross functional matrix teams
- Demonstrated ability to understand, develop and communicate scientific based strategies and messages
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong influencing, negotiating, conflict resolution skills
- Strong commercial orientation and business acumen
- Demonstrated strategic thinking
- Demonstrated strategy implementation skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong project management and operational skills
- English language skills
- Navigate the market access environment; demonstrate the ability to identify optimal routes to reimbursement, consistent with the global strategy, in a rapidly evolving market access landscape and help develop and address system of care challenges impacting timely access to our company’s products
- Interpret information across customers to influence external decision makers with the ultimate goal of understanding and taking better care of patients
- Leverage networks and information across digital, access, CORE, policy, and marketing
- Lead with informal and formal authority. Manages through ambiguity. Communicates clearly in a matrixed environment
- Bring forward a contemporary perspective of the business environment that enables a fresh perspective to our company’s business model and approach to meet future demands
- Ability and proven capability in synthesizing and integrating strategic information from across commercial functions:
- Market Access and/or health policy experience is preferred, especially in-line experience
- Strong Strategic and financial acumen
- Strong leadership skills and ability to collaborate across the organization
- Understanding and application of our company's policies, compliance, operations and change management
Our Human Health Division maintains a “patient first, profits later” ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
1st - Day
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: