Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Associate Director, Hematology/Oncology Sales Training Lead will play an integral role within the Hematology/Oncology Business Unit. The candidate will be responsible for systematically architecting and creating a learning strategy to help ensure the building of employee knowledge and skills to execute the Hematology/Oncology Business Unit objectives. This person will be a strategic leader as well as a hands-on training specialist.
The position is responsible for the design and execution of a forward-thinking strategic and practical learning strategy for all promoted products, including product launch planning. These programs will focus on product and therapeutic training (Core and Advanced) and selling skills curricula. This requires a high level of collaboration with Business Unit leadership including sales, marketing teams, commercial operations, and patient access.
The leader will identify and develop offerings and experiences which will highlight the values of the organization and enhance the capabilities required to drive the strategic objectives established by the business. This will include the development of sales training talent to strengthen the leadership of the organization and assist in the building of succession depth through a robust internal talent pipeline.
The individual will report to the Senior Director, US Sales Training Lead.
- Lead and develop a group of sales training managers and regional sales trainers which will supply product and skill based training across the Business Unit.
- Collaborate with leadership to establish training initiatives that translate strategy and tactics of the brand teams into actionable behavior by the field sales team. (Core and Advanced training programs)
- Proactively assess knowledge gaps (current and future) within the business unit, OAMs/BMT managers, and other commercial teams. Work with the appropriate internal partners to develop programs to address the gaps in a timely manner.
- Develop and manage a high performing sales training team ensuring that appropriate subject knowledge and skills are developed within each team member.
- Serve on leadership teams to ensure effective cross commercial programs and activities (e.g. Product Marketing, Commercial Operations, Market Access, Regulatory and Compliance)
- Evaluate and measure the effectiveness of current training programs and provide strategic direction for the planning, design, development and implementation of training modules/materials and programs for new product launches, line extensions, and technical issues.
- Hands on approach to help write, edit, and produce effective training documents.
- Work collaboratively with sales, marketing, regulatory, legal and compliance to coordinate the design, and then directing the development and execution of training workshops to support the National and various POA Sales Meetings.
- Understand the culture and values of the organization and champion both the department's and the company's vision.
- Develop and adhere to training budget
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong communication (both verbal and written) and presentations skills required
- Experience within a sales training department with a successful record of delivering quality and innovative training solutions in an adult learning environment
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment: Understands legal and compliance issues facing a pharmaceutical organization. Has worked extensively with Sales Management, Legal, Regulatory and Marketing, on Compliance training
- Understands field based and internal employee job responsibilities
- Demonstrated proficiency in selling and coaching models
- Ability to lead the organization by developing and communicating a compelling vision and sense of purpose for the function
- Approximately 30-40% travel is required, during certain intervals travel may be significant
- The position is located in the Philadelphia, PA or Palo Alto, CA office
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- A BA/BS or equivalent experience and a minimum of 10 years of progressive commercial experience in Pharmaceutical and/or Bio-pharmaceutical industry
- Previous sales and management experience (prefer field sales management) in addition to experience within the corporate office environment
- Hematology/Oncology Sales Training experience preferred
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time
- Frequent travel between meeting sites
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of "normal" work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.