Requisition ID: CHE005970
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The Global Technical Operations (GTO) HPV Technical Operations team is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill an open position to support the future growth of the HPV vaccines business across the Vaccine Site network. The manufacturing sites included in our support scope are: Carlow, Ireland; Elkton- VA; West Point-PA; and additional sites TBD.
GTO HPV Technical Operations is a customer-focused Above-Site technical support team with the goals to:
- Ensure Process and Assay Robustness for the HPV manufacturing network through Process Monitoring, engaging with site technical teams for process to identify potential issues and drive rapid resolution.
- Coordinate technical teams across the network to achieve HPV Vaccine strategic goals. Participate as a technical expert and/or as a project leader in various projects.
- Provide on-site support for critical HPV vaccine site investigations and specialized technical requests.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Cross-functional / cross-site technical leadership and coordination of strategic and project related objectives for the HPV Vaccine Process and Assay
- Participate/Lead/Support Site and Above-Site projects for all phases including: project planning, project management, and execution.
- Apply Large Molecule (LM) product/process Subject Matter Expertise to plan and lead complex multi-site investigations.
- Provide on-site support for Vaccine Site requests to support critical projects and complex investigations.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Biology/Chemistry Sciences.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 9 years experience in a Technology support role in the Bio-Pharmaceutical Industry.
- Demonstrated strong leadership of Cross-functional teams supporting critical Vaccine intiatives to deliver successful completion to project target milestone dates.
- Demonstrated strategic ability to develop innovative solutions for undefined problems and business processes to meet the needs of key stakeholders and project sponsors.
- Strong demonstrated proficiency with pharmaceutical industry technical business processes: change request, deviation management, technical protocol/final reports, regulatory license documentation.
- Ability to work effectively across boundaries to build strong collaborative relation with other internal partner groups, HPV vaccine manufacturing sites, and external partners.
- Ability to travel up to 30% depending on critical site needs.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Knowledge and experience/expertise in HPV Vaccine manufacturing focusing on the drug product process.
- Site Technology experience supporting Vaccine Bulk and Filling processes
- MPS experience - Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification or equivalent experience.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Job: Chemical Engineering
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia