Associate Director, IT Infrastructure Operations
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
- Partner, collaborate and develop strong relationships within IT, functional and site leaders to understand IT infrastructure needs in support of corporate strategy, corporate objectives and major functional objectives
- Lead and Manage a global IT infrastructure operating team ( with vendors) that addresses Jazz's business needs and is synergistic with the overall IT strategy and is feasible
- Demand management and delivery through managed service providers for a 24x7 global operation, using contracts, KPI's and metrics.
- Drive execution of projects through effective prioritization, planning (objectives, success criteria, scope, timelines, and cost) and oversight
- Partner with IT leaders to understand the Infrastructure needs for their respective functions.
- Utilize best practices, structured approaches and architecture standards for evaluating, designing and implementing services/solutions to meet requirements for functionality, performance, availability, scalability, security and disaster recovery; proactively manage performance of key vendors and third parties
- Implement policies, procedures, automation and controls for consistent delivery of high availability services in a cost effective manner
- Responsible for delivery of services through effective Vendor Management.
- Capacity management, life cycle management, service management of Infrastructure Services. Proactively identify future challenges and implement strategies to mitigate adverse impacts
- Implement integrated and automated processes that drive operational excellence, be audit ready at all times, sustain knowledge continuity through appropriate level of documentation and cross training
- Partner with counterparts to implement and operationalize controls necessary for security, GxP, SOx and internal policies
- Develop and continuously maintain budgets that align with plans and service levels; proactively improve value over cost ratio
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- 10 plus years of progressively increasing responsibility in IT infrastructure with a minimum of 5 plus years managing an IT infrastructure operations and 5 plus years within IT or relevant area
- Strong Infrastructure domain expertise in area of server, storage, virtualization, network, and identity access management for both On-premise and Cloud setup.
- Extensive and proven operational experience effectively evaluating, designing, implementing and managing 24x7 IT Operations and associated vendors for a global IT infrastructure with major offices in 2 or more continents (preferably US and EU) and greater than 1,000 employees
- Strong working knowledge of cloud based systems (i.e. Amazon Web Services) and on premise systems with the ability to formulate methodologies, standards, policies and processes to meet functional, performance, availability, disaster recovery, security and operational requirements
- Ability to use structured approaches for understanding business needs, building and operating solutions that meet service level targets
- Having demonstrated experience with documenting requirements for RFPs, SOW creation with SLAs and KPIs required for handling an outsourced service and effectively managing the vendor with Metrics and reporting to build trust in the services
- Proven track record and skills to understand vendor service capabilities, assess risks, formulate partnerships/agreements for consistent delivery of high quality services and continuously improve value over cost ratio
- Strong working knowledge and experience of the ITIL framework for infrastructure processes (e.g. incident, problem, change management) and how to integrate them into an effective insourced and outsourced global operating model
- Passion for service delivery, high availability and operational excellence with metrics and reporting.
- Past experience and good knowledge of best practices for service design, service transition, service delivery, continuous improvement, monitoring, and reporting
- Good working knowledge of Cisco network and communication platforms, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft enterprise platform and Service Now is desired
- Strong financial acumen to establish budgets that are driven by plans, accurately forecast costs, efficiently manage variances and improve service value while managing unit costs.
- Knowledge of security frameworks, technical design and operational controls is desired
- Proven track record of executing through global teams, managing remote personnel, developing talent and creating high performing teams
- Highly collaborative, accountable and results driven
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively to large audiences via email and in person
- Ability to establish strong and productive working relationships at all levels (Admin to CEO)
- Organizational change management experience is a plus
- Experience with the pharmaceutical industry is plus but not a requirement
- Bachelor degree in computer science or related degree
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within an office environment
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes
- Frequent computer use at workstation
- May move from one work location to another occasionally
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of "normal" work hours, in order to meet business demands
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.