Associate Director, IT Solution Delivery - PLM
Our IT team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We collaborate internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
Our company has assessed and identified the benefits of a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) transformation to address the challenges of managing an increasingly complex product information management ecosystem. To that end, our company has initiated the Integrated Product Information (IPI) for Change Control program in support of our company's Manufacturing (MD) business. The proposed transformation approach will demonstrate value incrementally by deploying End-to-End Change Control Processes, Specification Management, Product Structure Management, and integration to Regulatory Intelligence in support of Material Control processes.
The Associate Director, IT Solution Delivery – PLM role will lead a cross-functional technical team across the solution lifecycle from solutioning, design, testing and implementation. In this capacity this role will partner with functional solution resources, development resources, data team members, project management, and testing services in support of delivering the capabilities required for the IPI for Change Control program. In the role, the Associate Director, IT Solution Delivery, PLM will:
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent
- 8-10 years demonstrated experience in leading the design, configuration and implementation of large scaled solutions in a matrixed environment
- Proven leadership experience supervising a technical delivery team
- Experience in full software development lifecycle management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate with both a business and a technical audience
- The ability to work independently and effectively as a team across global hubs, and maintain a highly collaborative, transparent effort.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with and through others to achieve shared goals
- Experience working with and managing partners/suppliers, consultants and/or contractors
- Understanding of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) business processes in a process industry
- Technical knowledge and experience in any of the following technologies is preferred: SAP PLM, Oracle Agile PLM, Dassault Systemes PLM and/or Siemens PLM
- Understanding of GxP and 21 CFR Part 11 regulations and guidelines
- Agile/Scrum experience
- Manage and coordinate a cross-functional development team through all aspects of the project Software Development Lifecycle (waterfall or agile), including solution confirmation, fit/gap analysis, solution build, system testing and installation, and transition to support and operations.
- Partner with SAP "shared" technology teams, IT Integration teams, and AMS support teams to align resources required to participate in the PLM solution development, testing and delivery activities
- Partner with the IPI Technical Architecture and PLM/PPM Application Design team to ensure the PLM capabilities being delivered are designed holistically and align with the E2E PLM architecture and existing solution design
- Collaborate with the IPI Technical PMO to provide timely design & build status updates and effectively communicate and address delivery issues and risks pertinent to the release
- Partner with the IPI Data Governance and Migration team to provide data migration requirements needed to support the delivery of the release.
- Collaborate with other PLM Delivery Leads and Business Leaders to design and develop the required PLM capability based on new business requirements but in alignment with existing solution design of deployed capabilities.
- Lead PLM technical delivery team (as required by project scope for the specific release) to ensure on-time delivery of SDLC deliverables and program milestones
- Influence a matrixed IT delivery team to realize the above objectives.
- Communicate risks, issues, challenges and technical design and build status/progress. Ensure issues and risks are tracked and mitigation plans are in place.
- Participate in staff management functions, including annual objective setting, career development and Performance Review activities for any assigned staff
Our Support Functions deliver services and makes recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the experience of working at our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: