The Associate Director of Knowledge Management (KM), Our Manufacturing Division knowledge management Center of Excellence (COE), functions as a champion for managing knowledge throughout Our Manufacturing Division. The Associate Director of KM will work with stakeholder and partner groups in Our Manufacturing Division to help improve knowledge flow.
This will be accomplished by understanding business requirements for the respective areas; analyzing, designing, deploying and sustaining capabilities to deliver improved knowledge flow and associated business outcomes. Operationalizing the identified capabilities into business processes and realization of the associated benefits will be key expectations. The Associate Director of KM will be expected to be fluent in various KM methodologies and stay current through research and bench-marking. This role will require a significant amount of facilitation and influence to lead groups through workshops and meetings.
- Facilitates large groups for workshops, diagnostics and/or strategy sessions.
- Seeks opportunities where knowledge capture, seeking, sharing and leveraging can add value to the enterprise, in alignment with business objectives, and makes recommendations to the business.
- Drives development and realization of business cases for KM projects to develop leading methodologies for managing knowledge. Responsible for the design and implementation of the KM projects selected by the business. Acts as change agent for realization.
- Consults and advises in diverse business areas to provide KM expertise to the Division.
- Influences and manages differences and bring people together to share knowledge in terms of culture and behavior, business processes and technology.
- Ensures that KM activities align with the vision, mission, and goals of Our Manufacturing Division.
- Leverages Lean/Six-Sigma, change management and similar techniques from our Company's integrated toolkit or KM-specific tools such as knowledge mapping to elicit customer requirements and design solutions to meet these requirements.
- Facilitates and drives the development of the additional KM capabilities, as required.
- Responsible for development and implementation of metrics regarding effectiveness of KM implementation and progress towards realization.
- Models, coaches and advocates across the organization as it adopts knowledge management principles and processes; promotes KM and the use of common approaches across business units.
- Provides KM thought leadership gained through projects, research, and bench-marking activities from both internal as well as external opportunities.
- Develops requirements for IT tools and monitors the effectiveness and use of IT tools and systems as they apply to KM, and suggest improvements.
- Ability to flex and flow to unanticipated business needs, successfully manage ambiguous projects, and take a hands-on role in any of the above to deliver desired outcomes
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor's degree required with a minimum of 8 years’ experience.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Facilitation- Demonstrated ability to design and facilitate workshops, meetings, and/or large or small groups to drive successful outcomes.
- Leadership- Well-developed leadership skills (strategic thinking, high emotional intelligence, strong facilitator and negotiator, agent of change, effective communicator, skillful listener and application of inclusion principles).
- Business acumen- Clear understanding of business situation and processes, and can map processes as required, and good working knowledge of organizational and business strategy.
- Influence and networking- Ability to contract with and influence leaders in the organization, good at networking, collaboration and sharing of ideas and success.
- Customer focus- Ability to elicit requirements and anticipate customer needs, at both operational and strategic levels, and ability to deliver solutions that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Adaptive thinking- Ability to think strategically for long term vision and in terms of culture, behavior, business processes and tools yet can meet tactical needs and tailor solutions to be fit-for-purpose.
- Technical- High level understanding of software platforms and system concepts (document management, search, communication tools, data, data-sets, analytics and metrics.) Ability to learn and adapt new software principles quickly.
- Analysis- Ability to analyze business problems and translate into services or products that fit the business needs.
- Measure- Can define metrics, identify and collate data, and analyze using tools such as excel, Spotfire, power BI, etc.
- Business outcomes- Ability to connect usage of KM services and products to quantifiable business value.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- KM principles and methodologies: Has a thorough understanding of KM principles and first-hand experience in KM techniques desirable, such as professional networking / social media; taxonomies; expertise location; best practices transfer; lessons learned; and other common processes.
- Process Mapping/Lean Six Sigma: Understanding of Lean diagnostics techniques including SIPOC and process mapping to elicit customer requirements and design solutions to meet these requirements.
- Pharmaceutical Product and Process Knowledge (Biologics/Pharma):
- Understanding of pharmaceutical product life-cycle phases including typical types of product and process knowledge.
- Experience generating or managing product and process knowledge in the commercialization /product manufacturing life-cycle phase of pharmaceutical manufacturing is desired.
- Innovation: Creative, innovative, self-motivated, applies problem-solving skills (thinks outside of the box) and systems thinking skills.
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is committed to be the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: