Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
This position is responsible for ensuring alignment on key Commercial and Medicare Part D contracting gross to net inputs between Market Access and short term forecasting, long term forecasting, brand teams and Finance teams at Jazz. The position will manage the gross to net Market Access inputs for the forecast and accrual processes in support of launch brands, in-line assets as well as in support of business development opportunities. This cross-functional role will work closely with members of various Jazz teams and will aggregate data from multiple data sources to develop bottom up plan level forecasts, assumptions for national short term and long term forecasts, and reconcile "plan level" and book of business level projections and utilization data with national assumptions. This position will be a strategic team member and act as a consultant and resident analytical expert resource for payer and gross to net related data to the broader organization.
The successful candidate will be team-focused with strong business acumen, demonstrate the ability to interface and communicate effectively, and build relationships within the organization. The position requires an individual who is analytical, organized, and knowledgeable about forecasting, financial analysis, and market access contracting. We seek a strong thought partner with a proven track record of contributing innovative and thorough analysis with the ability to communicate complex financial results to senior leadership. Additionally, the successful candidate will drive continuous improvement by enhancing analytics capabilities within Jazz Market Access.
- Perform bottom up forecast at a plan level based on a combination of 3rd party data, contracting assumptions, and actual/claims data
- Partner with forecasting teams to reconcile bottoms up forecast with traditional national level forecast for volume, GTN and book of business assumptions
- Participate in launch team activities in support of Market Access forecasting and gross to net development
- Aggregate all GTN and accrual considerations from Market Access colleagues and serve as a central party for finance, forecasting and others within the organization for Market Access information needed to support budgeting/forecasting/accrual needs
- Collaborate with contract analytics team to enhance pre-deal/post-deal analytics utilizing analysis of bottom up forecast
- Work in conjunction with the Market Access Performance Analytics team to establish contracting KPIs to maximize performance and ensure consistency
- Develop and produce regular reports and update executive dashboards of key payer level forecast vs. actual metrics to address evolving business questions and needs as necessary.
- Collaborate with the Market Access partners to identify opportunities and threats, including monitoring general and economic market access trends
- Provide input into the development of metrics tied to measuring the performance of implemented strategies
- Analyze/provide insights using data to answer various channel and payer related questions on an ad-hoc basis
- Collaborate with various brand sales analytics/commercial operations teams to ensure alignment of data, resources, and metrics
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong business knowledge and acumen
- Excellent written and verbal skills, strong attention to detail and ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to travel occasionally within the US
- Demonstrated ability to self-start on projects and work independently
- Ability to collaborate highly effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- Adapts to multiple demands, shifting priorities, and rapid change
- 7-10 years' Pharmaceutical experience with a combination of forecasting, market access and gross to net analysis experience necessary
- Existing understanding of market access environment & gross to net financials for pharmaceutical products
- Knowledge of and experience with utilizing large patient and payer level data sets preferred
- Advanced skills in modeling, reporting and analysis.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data to identify issues, trends, or exceptions that drive solutions
- Proven experience presenting analytics to a variety of business partners
- Demonstrated knowledge of reimbursement and market access, formulary development, coverage and reimbursement issues, specialty distribution and compliance laws and regulations
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Bachelor's degree (MBA or finance/accounting experience preferred)
- Advanced experience using Microsoft Office Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Tableau and/or Alteryx preferred
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.