Requisition ID: MAR007593
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck's Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a "patient first, profits later" ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
The Market Research Associate Director will have responsibilities both for Primary & Secondary Market research for an oral oncology product in the Oncology Franchise. This is a Parp inhibitor currently being managed as a Business Alliance with another pharmaceutical company prescribed for Breast Cancer & Ovarian Cancer indications.
The position will plan, manage, and execute all Market Research activities spanning multiple Tumor indications as well as Pan Tumor responsibilities. The role will be responsible for providing strategic inputs to both the Global and US Marketing stakeholders as well as Brand Promotions, Digital Marketing and the Pricing & Access teams.
The role will require a high degree of business acumen and strategic understanding of both Primary & Secondary Market Research tools that support and influence Brand strategy. Position will have responsibility for managing, prioritizing and executing strategic and tactical marketplace insight projects and related activities. In addition, the individual is expected to proactively, inform the business of likely opportunities for growth based on market insights and indirect customer interactions.
He/she is expected to be an exceptional team player who can comfortably interact with and add value in a joint venture environment across the Alliance teams.
The Associate Director will have demonstrated consistently strong leadership skills with an ability to work independently in a rapidly changing environment with a transformational mindset, cultural awareness and resiliency to change enabling them to effectively add value to the Oncology business. Primary stakeholders would be Global Brand Marketing/US Brand team/extended Brand teams.
- Develop and oversee execution of an assigned portion of the global market research plan and timeline for all aspects of the Alliance business with a strategic mindset without direct supervision.
- Leadership and/or involvement in primary market research projects for the business including framing critical business questions, identification of information needs, identifying considerations from other data sources, development of research/analysis plans and management of the research process to deliver an objective understanding of key customers, competitors, products and current/future market developments.
- Implement market research studies & manage budget of projects; brief agencies to deliver strategic insights in a compliant manner- evaluate vendor capabilities, quality requirements, and recommend innovative options.
- Complete complex analyses using available secondary data, syndicated reports and databases and integrate findings into primary market research efforts to tell a cohesive "story".
- Proactively communicate and facilitate discussion with Marketing/Commercial Teams to ensure that insights are considered in decision-making and planning; integrate a variety of sources/studies to present strategic options and provide consultative guidance to Marketing/Commercial Team(s).
- Collaborate proactively with cross-functional business partners including marketing communications, market access colleagues, commercial team, and the advertising agency to ensure optimal integration for the launch and post-launch activities.
- Assist with analysis to inform the strategic assumptions that are built into brand forecasts and tracking of key performance indicators and benchmarking dashboards.
- Take full ownership of understanding the business challenge/information needs, consider alternatives, propose appropriate method/approach, apply best practices, and proactively consider and/or develop new techniques and innovations to meet objectives.
- Work on and lead adhoc franchise wide initiatives and/or projects as needed.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor's Degree - minimum requirement;
- Preference with an MBA or Post graduate in quantitative methods.
Required Experience and Skills:
- At least 5-7 years of experience in US pharma Marketing/ Market Research using both primary and secondary data sets
- Past roles supporting sales, forecasting, access and pricing, marketing, competitive intelligence, early indications is preferred
- Knowledge of oncology.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Preferred experience within oncology, womens' cancers, GI and prostate cancers.
- Global launch experience preferred.
- Well developed analytical skills, strong problem-solving and demonstrated ability to think strategically and objectively
- Orientation toward collaboration/ team work, ability to lead teams in execution of market research, interest in ongoing learning
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills around customer focus, decision making, courage & candor, and fostering collaboration
- Ability and comfort in prioritizing and managing multiple requests from multiple marketing points and extended team members
- Ability to communicate effectively and a strong desire to lead change in terms of developing Best Practices
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Market Research & Analytics ONC
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark