Associate Director, Operations within US Master Data Strategy & Integration (MDSI) provides direct management of ongoing support for all data operations within the US. This support spans all master data subject areas and supports the US business areas’ need to utilize this centralized data to implement business initiatives and carry out ongoing Commercial Marketing & Sales related activities. It requires the management of multiple direct reports as well as outsourced data steward support work. The role requires strategic thinking in creating a cohesive environment of a data framework for business data needs. It requires communication between multiple business application areas and I/T technical project leads. This position maintains documentation, plans and timelines related to master data management integration projects. This position requires the coordinating of various business area requirements from conception to completion. Direct communication is required with functional business owners, IT personnel, data stewards and other key personnel.
- Works directly with multiple levels of business stakeholders to understand, develop, and illustrate data usage.
- Manages internal direct reports as well as groups of external contracted support teams.
- Leads the investigation and business analysis for reported data issues and requests for all master data subject areas; recommends data quality and/or process improvements based on outcomes.
- Cascades and facilitates communication within MDSI teams, MDSI leadership, business application owners, IT Personnel, and outside vendors as necessary
Education Minimum Requirements
- BA/BS Business Administration, Sales, Marketing, IT or other related fields.
Required Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 5 years US Pharmaceutical Operations Healthcare related experience
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Possess good organization capabilities and exceptional communication skills
- Flexible to change in process timing and deliverables
- Understanding data definitions within the Pharmaceutical industry
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Project or Program Management
- Knowledge of or experience in the Master Data management field
Our Human Health Division maintains a “patient first, profits later” ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
No Travel Required
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: