Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Associate Director (AD), Oncology Marketing (Key Customer (KC)) will lead key customer activities for an exciting new product candidate for second-line small-cell-lung-cancer (SCLC) (NDA filed in December 2019). The AD will help establish and develop Jazz's first relationships with important stakeholders in the lung cancer market. They will develop strategies and implementation plans directed towards these important and influential individuals/groups - understanding their needs and interests and determining potential partnerships or working relationships with Jazz. The candidate will serve as a critical member of the expanding Hem/Onc Business Unit.
The KC lead will serve as the key strategic partner for a field-based marketing team (Thought-Leader Liaisons (TLLs)). The candidate will lead the planning and implementation of our peer-to-peer educational programming (e.g., speaker identification and training, assisting in evolving content, etc.). The KC lead will also lay out the annual advisory board plans and then lead the planning and implementation of the advisory board meetings, with support from the TLLs.
This individual will:
- Lead the Oncology Key Customer Marketing function for a launch product
- Provide strategic guidance the TLL team
- Develop strategies to enhance relationships and partnerships with key external stakeholders - Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) across functions (MDs, pharmacists, nurses, administrators) and sites of care (academic and community)
- Identify and train promotional speakers with the appropriate skill sets to deliver customized branded and unbranded educational material
- Help prioritize, develop and implement customized promotional and disease education tactics that meet the needs of our customers (peer-to-peer education)
- Lead the planning and implantation of advisory board meetings to gain expert advice on critical business questions, across the Hem/Onc portfolio
- Establish strong relationships with key internal functions - sales, access, commercial operations, medical, and clinical teams
- Work with commercial operations to highlight any needed market research or data purchases to enhance our understanding of key customer needs
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the disease states, competitive landscape and therapeutic management in each of our potential markets
- Contribute to the development of brand and tactical plans and ongoing business reviews
- Focus on ensuring business plans and tactics meet compliance and regulatory standards
- Participate on cross-functional teams and represent marketing at Promotional Material Review Committee (PMRC) meetings as well as other internal meetings, as required
- Develop and manage budgets associated with key customer activities
Required Experience and Abilities
- 6+ years of commercial experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry, with significant in-line marketing experience
- 3+ years of oncology experience required
- 2+ years of direct and recent experience in the lung-cancer market preferred
- Sales experience preferred
- Launch experience preferred
- Relationship building
- Inspiring and influencing
- Strategic thinking
- Delivering results
- Communication skills (including the ability to present to large audiences)
- Project management
- Analytics and problem solving
- Taking initiative
- Demonstrating good judgement
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Bachelor's Degree (life sciences or a related discipline a plus)
- MBA (preferred)
Description of Work Environment
- The position is located in the Palo Alto, CA
- Approximately 30-40% travel is required
- Frequent interactions with external contacts in their office environment
- Frequent computer laptop or tablet use
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of "normal" work hours, in order to meet business demands
- Frequent public contact requiring appropriate business apparel
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.