Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years & Counting!
With over 100 years of scientific expertise & a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo & its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation & a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for hypertension & thrombotic disorders, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with a Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo research & development is primarily focused on bringing forth novel therapies in oncology, including immuno-oncology, with additional focus on new horizon areas, such as pain management, neurodegenerative diseases, heart & kidney diseases, & other rare diseases.
The Associate Director will provide program management support across all the Medical Affairs functions that are working on a launch or approved product to assure consistent planning, execution, tracking and reporting of activities in accordance with Medical Affairs strategy and objectives. For products covered by a pharmaceutical alliance, the Associate Director will serve as the Medical Affairs Alliance manager, assuring appropriate planning, execution, tracking and reporting activities with Alliance counterparts.
- Partners with US Medical Affairs Oncology and stakeholders in Daiichi Sankyo to manage the creation of the product specific Medical Strategy and Objectives
- Collaborates with all Medical Affairs functional owners to define and maintain a detailed project plan in alignment with overall Medical Strategy and Objectives
- In conjunction with Medical Affairs leadership defines and implements operational and working standards in support of the product, including governance, meeting cadance, decision making procedures and communication
- Closely monitors and provides regular reports on the progress of Medical Affairs activities; identifies risks and issues to the overall strategic and tactical plan
- Manages budgets and vendor/agency activities as needed and provides regular reporting on budget and financial metrics
- Aligns Medical Affairs activities with the overall Brand Management plan including cross-functional deliverables jointly owned by departments such as Marketing and Market Access
- Builds slide decks, dashboards, and Medical Affairs project communications
- For Alliance activities, defines meeting agendas, facilitates meetings, and issues meeting minutes
- Manages budgets and provides regular reports on budget and financial metrics as required by Alliance governance
- Works with an Alliance counterpart to assure effective collaboration across both organizations
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Bachelor's degree in science or relevant field. Master's degree preferred
PMP certification preferred but not required
- 7+ years of pharmaceutical or related industry experience with a working knowledge of the medical, scientific, and commercial oncology marketplace
- 5+ years of project management experience in the areas of Medical Affairs or Clinical Development
- 5+ years of experience with budget tracking
- Strong communication, organizational, and management skills
- Successful experience working in a culturally diverse, matrix organization, and with an alliance partner
- Skilled in the use of management software tools including Excel, MS Projects and PowerPoint
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.